1443Re: Dates-Timezones & eBusiness

  • Bev MARKS (Mr)
    Jan 22, 2006
      All

      What a surprise to see this mail, which I thought had been lost in
      cyberspace, turn up 12 days later - it may have lost its impact in
      the thread therefore... (Let's see if this one arrives any quicker?)

      Firstly I need to say the URL I quoted requires "/old.htm" to be
      added, if you really want to look into the TPEG Project work. But as
      challenged I am more than happy, in the next few weeks, to write a
      short article to show how we use ISO 8601.

      Bev

      --- In ISO8601@yahoogroups.com, "piebaldconsult"
      <PIEBALDconsult@a...> wrote:

      > > Operating within Europe with two main time zones and co-ordinated
      > > Summer Time changes we have experienced no particular problems
      (over
      > > several years) in our context of exchanging Traffic and Travel
      > > Information Messages. At least all time processing is using the
      same

      > Yay! A happy customer. Go forth and spread the word!
      >
      > Perhaps you could write up a small article that describes what
      sorts of
      > things you use timestamps for and how ISO8601 solved any problems
      or
      > concerns you had. It would make a good addition to the files
      section on
      > here I think.

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic