1043RE: [ISO8601] ISO 8601 -- 1000

  • ivy19991231@softhome.net
    Nov 5, 2004
      Oh, OK. In English we split the century and year (1999 = 'nineteen
      (hundred( and) ninety-nine') components a lot of the time in spoken word as
      well. I wish it was more like Chinese, Japanese, and Korean, where the year
      is read like a number. (Long dates go like 2000Y1M1D, where the letters
      'Y', 'M', and 'D' here mean 'year', 'month', and 'day' (so, it may be like
      'two thousandth year, first month, first day [of our era]' or 'year two
      thousand, month one, day one'.)

      At 2004-11-05 08:38 (UTC+0100), you wrote:

      >Very close. This is a direct translation from Swedish:
      >"Thirtyfirst in twelfth, nineteenhundred(and?)ninetynine".
      >(Trettioförsta i tolfte, nittonhundra-nittionio)
      >
      >Very non-ISO. :-)
      >
      >Kind regards,
      >Ted Lyngmo
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic