1014RE: [ISO8601] ISO 8601 -- 1000

  • Lyngmo Ted
    Nov 3, 2004
      John Steele wrote:

      > It should be week 52. The assertion that it is always week 53
      > is wrong (sometimes it is).

      Thanks! That's what I thought.

      > Better text would be:
      > If the week containing January 1 has
      > four or more days in the new year, then it is
      > considered week 1; otherwise, it is considered the last week
      > of the previous year, and the next week is week 1
      > of the new year.

      Looks exactly like the text I've prepared for the bugreport. :-)

      Kind regards,
      Ted Lyngmo

      Lyngmo Ted wrote:

      Does anyone here have any experience with AIXs strftime() function? I don't think it conforms to neither ISO C99 (ISO/IEC 9899:1999), POSIX.2-1992 nor ISO 8601:1988.

      AIX 5L Version 5.3:

      %V Represents the week number of the year (with Monday
      as the first day of the week) as a decimal number
      (01 to 53). If the week containing January 1 has
      four or more days in the new year, then it is
      considered week 1; otherwise, it is considered week
      53 of the previous year, and the next week is week 1
      of the new year.

      2000-01-01 is therefor reported as week 53 and not week 52. This is wrong, isn't it?
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic