Verses, Garner.

  • alick leslie
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2001
      My verse would have to be:

      Because you wear the face of all women for me
      I yearn for you with the yearning of all men

      Amongst many others that have already been quoted here. What a huge
      range of inspired verses to call upon.

      <Douglas
      PS Alick - do you know where I can get info on the through the night
      bus service from Glasgow to Edinburgh?>

      Scottish Citylink are the only firm to run very late buses, I think
      12.00, 01.30 and 03.00 are the times and they are not usually busy.
      There may be more on a weekend. There's a talking timetable on 09064
      142487. The bus station is about 15 minutes walk from the Fruitmarket.

      <ShaneÂ…Except seven none returned from the Castle of the Rulers
      Except seven none returned from Caer Rigor

      This was included on Robin's 'Five Bardic Mysteries' cassette, which
      was also added to the CD reissue of 'Songs Of Love & Parting'.>

      And is also a part of Alan Garner's 'Moon of Gomrath' for those who
      want to dig out the book again. Is the Garner poem an extension of the
      Taliesin, or what? I've always felt a lesser author would have made 10
      books out of the Gomrath material, there is so much left unfinished.
      I've had Labrys 7 on order for months from Amazon who give the
      impression it's still available. Is this the case Nick?

      The Garner play 'Holly from the Bongs' was performed at the Edinburgh
      Festival this year - stunning, harrowing theatre from a young group who
      really had no right to be so talented (I think it was a Manchester
      school, and the programme talked about the difficulty of performing the
      work). We had to go straight into the vodka bar next door afterwards.

      Alick