Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [IRAQHistory] Important Note from IRAQ History Group + Corrections

Expand Messages
  • EWasfi@aol.com
    Dear Wafaa , I have been receiving the [IRAQHIstory] e-mails. Thank you so much. Ellen In a message dated 1/26/2011 5:14:16 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
    Message 1 of 25 , Jan 26, 2011
    • 0 Attachment
      Dear Wafaa',
       
      I have been receiving the [IRAQHIstory] e-mails.  Thank you so much.
       
      Ellen
       
      In a message dated 1/26/2011 5:14:16 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, misbah.kamal@... writes:
       




      Dear All:

      I am resending my email below with slight modification
      from this yahoo address to ensure that you all receive it.
      I noticed a couple of errors, which are now corrected below.

      I want to thank Kanan Thabit, Barbara al-Bayati, Umm
      Zannobiya and Osama AttarBashi for confirming
      receipt of my email below. The strange thing is that
      Misbah's reply with suggestion was received at my
      gmail address, but not at this yahoo address while Osama's
      acknowledgment was received at this yahoo location, but
      not at my gmail address!! In case you have the same
      problem, you may want to subscribe with another email
      address.

      Please note that I will remove the addresses of those
      who do not confirm/acknowlege receipt of this email
      by January 31. This is only done once a year.

      If you are receiving this note without [IRAQHistory] in the subject title, it means your address is not included in this group or that your carrier is not allowing messages from this yahoogroup address. Please let me know before February to solve the problem.

      I look forward to hearing from all of you by January 31.

      Thank you,
      Wafaa' Al-Natheema
      http://historyofiraq.blogspot.com



      --- On Sun, 1/23/11, Wafaa Al-Natheema <historyofiraq@...> wrote:



      From: Wafaa Al-Natheema <historyofiraq@...>
      Subject: Re: [IRAQHistory] A Follow Up RE Group Emails and Wafaa'
      To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, January 23, 2011, 1:00 PM


      Thank you all for the greetings and for initiating the January emails.

      Misbah's suggestion is well taken and I encourage those of you with inquiries
      and expectations or those who are knowledgeable of Iraq history to come forward
      and make a suggestion, provide a study/article and/or share information provided
      they are in English with sources and related to Iraq history until 2003
      invasion.

      I am bccing those whom I think not receiving our emails due to their carrier's
      technical problem. I am also sending a copy to a couple who have some expertise
      in IRAQ's history hoping this email (with the correspondence below) witll reach them. This means that subscribers will receive two copies of the same email. If you don't, please let me know. Thank you

      The matter I am most concerned about is the mute subscribers who refuse to acknowledge receipt of any of the articles and emails, even once a year in times when they receive new year greetings for instance!

      I have not been hearing from Sami Salman, Barbara al-Bayati, Ellen Wasfi, Zainab Khan, Mohammed Al-Moethen and many others. Are Naji and Ali receiving our emails? I am not sure whether the recent members who joined in the last three or four months, Laith al-Hamdani, Ghada Nazanda and Emad Yahya, have been receiving our correspondence, articles and information!!!

      Please note that I have taken a break of at least six months away from email correspondence focusing on few projects, and therefore I appreciate it if you send your email inquiry, invitations to writing or events, project ideas or deadlines, to INEAS_1994@... and ineas@... <http://us.mc1129.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=ineas@...> or phone me at INEAS' number http://www.INEAS.org <http://www.ineas.org/> should you need anything or it is an important matter.

      I will send another announcement shortly. In the meantime, I wish you all peace
      of mind and content in 1432 and 2011.

      Salaam,
      Wafaa' Al-Natheema
      http://historyofiraq.blogspot.com <http://historyofiraq.blogspot.com/>



      On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 5:06 PM, Misbah Kamal <misbahkamal@... <http://us.mc1129.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=misbahkamal@...> > wrote:




      Thank you all for your New Year greetings which I reciprocate. May it be a peaceful year. Like most of you I have received group messages in my Inbox.



      The Iraq History Group has not seen much activity lately. This is not surprising because the general interest of the members in the history of Iraq appears to be insufficient in generating discussion on any aspect of Iraq's history.



      Regrettably the membership of the group, I believe, though I stand to be corrected, does not include professional historians who can open up new vistas for some engagement by us. Moreover, the group does not operate in the absence of Wafaa, its originator and moderator, who is the driving force behind its activities. Her being away on other projects means the absence of intellectual stimulation to group members to investigate or follow up issues and problems of a historical nature. This situation is not unique to the Group. I run two blogs on insurance in Iraq and encounter the same problem. I wish to contribute more to the Group but other commitments and my specialist interest and work preclude greater involvement.



      The Group is unique but it needs fresh contributions from historians, as well others with interest in Iraq's history, to make it an active forum for discussing Iraq's history. Wafaa' and others have to think of ways of developing the resources of the Group. Alternatively, the Group can continue as it is, with sporadic contributions and limited discussion and exchange of information.



      Best wishes.

      Misbah

      ________________________________


      From: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com <http://us.mc1129.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com> [mailto:IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com <http://us.mc1129.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com> ] On Behalf Of Rita C-S
      Sent: 15 January 2011 19:05
      To: iraqhistory@yahoogroups.com <http://us.mc1129.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=iraqhistory@yahoogroups.com>

      Subject: RE: [IRAQHistory] A Follow Up RE Group Emails and Wafaa'






      Greetings and happy New Year to all.

      I've received all your emails in 2011. Thank you.

      Best Regards,
      Rita



      ________________________________


      To: iraqhistory@yahoogroups.com <http://us.mc1129.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=iraqhistory@yahoogroups.com>
      From: georgemichael1956@... <http://us.mc1129.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=georgemichael1956@...>
      Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 11:46:45 -0500
      Subject: RE: [IRAQHistory] A Follow Up RE Group Emails and Wafaa'



      Thank you, Richard, May and Walaa' for the greetings, information and commentary.

      I wish all in this group a prosperous and productive new year.

      Looking forward to receiving some information/discussion about IRAQ's history from
      this group.

      George Michael






      ________________________________


      To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com <http://us.mc1129.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com>
      From: richardsullivan1942@... <http://us.mc1129.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=richardsullivan1942@...>
      Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 09:36:31 -0800
      Subject: [IRAQHistory] A Follow Up RE Group Emails and Wafaa'





      Happy New Year to All.



      Dear May:



      I too received your email in the SPAM folder. I guess this is

      a characteristics of yahoo!!



      Thank you and Walaa' for initiating these New Year's emails.





      Dear History Group:



      Wafaa' has taken a six-month sabatical to focus on her films,

      reasearch and travel. Therefore, she will attend to email occasionally.



      Wafaa indicated that she sent a mobile text greeting in the New Year to some of you overseas, but received only a reply from Amr in Egypt. She intends to phone Ali and Misbah (in London) shortly.



      Best Wishes to All,

      Richard Sullivan





      --- On Wed, 1/12/11, May Roberts <filmwriting2004@... <http://us.mc1129.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=filmwriting2004@...> > wrote:


      From: May Roberts <filmwriting2004@... <http://us.mc1129.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=filmwriting2004@...> >
      Subject: RE: [IRAQHistory] Iraq's Agriculture: History and Present
      To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com <http://us.mc1129.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 11:48 PM





      Greetings and best wishes to all in the new year.



      Dear Walaa':



      I found your email below in the SPAM folder along with Wafaa's agriculture email, which is annoying. I hope this has not

      happened with others in this group.



      I read the English version of Wafaa's article at our INEAS's www.INEAS.org <http://www.ineas.org/> website. That is another reason why I didn't

      notice its disappearance from this group email.



      Thank you for waking us up.



      Best Wishes,

      May Roberts





      --- On Wed, 1/12/11, W. Ali <WMS_Al@... <http://us.mc1129.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=WMS_Al@...> > wrote:


      From: W. Ali <WMS_Al@... <http://us.mc1129.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=WMS_Al@...> >
      Subject: RE: [IRAQHistory] Iraq's Agriculture: History and Present
      To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com <http://us.mc1129.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 2:40 PM





      Dear Wafaa and Members of This Group:



      I wish you ALL a peaceful and fruitful new year.



      Since the early November, I have been traveling and so I occasionally maintained my email.



      I want to apologize for taking nearly three months to acknowledge your email below. In general, I have not been feeling good. But sadly I was not the only one who did not reply to your November-17th email below; it seems from the incoming emails that nobody bothered to acknowledge its receipt!!



      I am truly sorry. I hope that the group's silence won't discourage you.



      Best Wishes in 2011,

      Walaa' Ali





      --- On Wed, 11/17/10, Wafaa Al-Natheema <aboutfromiraq@... <http://us.mc1129.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=aboutfromiraq@...> > wrote:


      From: Wafaa Al-Natheema <aboutfromiraq@... <http://us.mc1129.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=aboutfromiraq@...> >
      Subject: RE: [IRAQHistory] Iraq's Agriculture: History and Present
      To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com <http://us.mc1129.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Wednesday, November 17, 2010, 2:55 AM





      Dear Richard & Misbah:



      Thank you so much for your message confirmation and greetings.



      Please note that both of your messages were strangely in my SPAM

      folder. They did not come through as regular messages, but as messages waiting for approval, which was strange, and don't know why

      this happens sometimes.



      Also I did not receive my email below of November 13 providing the agriculture article in both languages through this group. I knew it was sent to the group because both Misbah and Richard confirmed receipt of my note.



      I highly appreciate hearing from all of the IRAQ History subscribers on whether my and your messages were received.



      Looking Forward to Hearing from You.



      Eid Mubarek,

      Wafaa' Al-Natheema

      http://historyofiraq.blogspot.com <http://historyofiraq.blogspot.com/>



      --- On Sun, 11/14/10, Misbah Kamal <misbahkamal@... <http://us.mc1129.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=misbahkamal@...> > wrote:


      From: Misbah Kamal <misbahkamal@... <http://us.mc1129.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=misbahkamal@...> >
      Subject: RE: [IRAQHistory] Iraq's Agriculture: History and Present [Eid al-Adha Greetings]
      To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com <http://us.mc1129.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 4:56 AM



      Dear All



      On the occasion of Eid Al-Adha I would like to share with you the following sentiment sent to me by a colleague in Iraq : May this Eid be an opportunity for forgiveness of, kindness and mercy to other people, East and West.



      Best wishes of the season.



      Misbah Kamal
      ________________________________

      From: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com <http://us.mc1129.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com> [mailto: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com <http://us.mc1129.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com> ] On Behalf Of Richard Sullivan
      Sent: 14 November 2010 00:41
      To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com <http://us.mc1129.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [IRAQHistory] Iraq 's Agriculture: History and Present



      Dear Wafaa:

      Thank you so much for writing and publishing this very
      informative article. Many thanks to the translators as well.

      Wishing You and the Iraq History Group Eid Mubarek,

      Richard Sullivan


      --- On Sat, 11/13/10, Wafaa Al-Natheema <aboutfromiraq@... <http://us.mc1129.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=aboutfromiraq@...> > wrote:

      From: Wafaa Al-Natheema <aboutfromiraq@... <http://us.mc1129.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=aboutfromiraq@...> >
      Subject: [IRAQHistory] Iraq 's Agriculture: History and Present
      To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com <http://us.mc1129.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com>
      Cc: aboutfromiraq@... <http://us.mc1129.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=aboutfromiraq@...>
      Date: Saturday, November 13, 2010, 6:50 PM


      Dear Members:

      First I would like to wish all of you a joyful and prosperous holiday season.

      Second, I wish all of us, the Iraq History group a happy 5th anniversary. Those of you who have been part of this group from its inception probably remember that it began in the fall of 2005.

      Third, when sending me personal emails or information and alerts unrelated to Iraq history, kindly send them to aboutfromiraq@... <http://us.mc1206.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=aboutfromiraq@...>


      Fourth, I would like to thank Osama AttarBashi and Misbah Kamal for translating (to English) my article on Iraq 's agriculture during the embargo years and occupation, on the benefits of few vegetables and some terminology in standard Arabic, English and various Arabic dialects. I also want to thank Misbah Kamal for editing part of the translation.


      The article in both Arabic and English was recently posted on our
      Institute's webpage at:

      http://www.ineas.org/in/pdfs/RVF_ar.pdf <http://www.ineas.org/in/pdfs/RVF_ar.pdf> (Arabic)

      http://www.ineas.org/in/pdfs/RVF_eng.pdf?v=I-B1yU278zk&feature=channel_page <http://www.ineas.org/in/pdfs/RVF_eng.pdf?v=I-B1yU278zk&feature=channel_page> (English)


      Wishing You All The Best in Your Endeavors,
      Wafaa' Al-Natheema
      http://historyofiraq.blogspot.com <http://historyofiraq.blogspot.com/>












      DISCLAIMER
      The information contained in this email is confidential and United
      Insurance Brokers reserves any and all possible rights to privilege
      in respect thereof. It is intended only for the use of the
      addressee(s) designated above.
      United Insurance Brokers Limited is a Lloyd's Broker. Authorised
      and Regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
      website:www.uibgroup.com

    • naji haraj
      Dear Wafaa , This is just to confirm that I ve received your emails, and indeed willing to continue receiving them in the future but only on this email
      Message 2 of 25 , Jan 27, 2011
      • 0 Attachment
        Dear Wafaa',
        This is just to confirm that I've received your emails, and indeed willing to continue receiving them in the future but only on this email address, you don't need to send it to my other email address.
        Very best wishes
         
        Naji Haraj
        --- On Thu, 1/27/11, EWasfi@... <EWasfi@...> wrote:

        From: EWasfi@... <EWasfi@...>
        Subject: Re: [IRAQHistory] Important Note from IRAQ History Group + Corrections
        To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 2:36 AM

         
        Just in case there is some additional problem with transmission, I am sending a duplicate e-mail to let you know that I have received the [IraqHistory] e-mails.  Thanks.
         
        Ellen Wasfi
         
        In a message dated 1/26/2011 4:11:11 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, aboutfromiraq@... writes:
         

         

        The Group is unique but it needs fresh contributions from historians, as well others with interest in Iraq’s history, to make it an active forum for discussing Iraq’s history.  Wafaa’ and others have to think of ways of developing the resources of the Group.  Alternatively, the Group can continue as it is, with sporadic contributions and limited discussion and exchange of information.

         

        Best wishes.

        Misbah


        From: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com [mailto:IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Rita C-S
        Sent: 15 January 2011 19:05
        To: iraqhistory@yahoogroups.com


        Subject: RE: [IRAQHistory] A Follow Up RE Group Emails and Wafaa'

         

         

        Greetings and happy New Year to all.
         
        I've received all your emails in 2011.  Thank you.
         
        Best Regards,
        Rita

         

        To: iraqhistory@yahoogroups.com
        From: georgemichael1956@...
        Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 11:46:45 -0500
        Subject: RE: [IRAQHistory] A Follow Up RE Group Emails and Wafaa'

         

        Thank you, Richard, May and Walaa' for the greetings, information and commentary.
         
        I wish all in this group a prosperous and productive new year.
         
        Looking forward to receiving some information/discussion about IRAQ's history from
        this group. 
         
        George Michael
         
         

         


        To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com
        From: richardsullivan1942@...
        Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 09:36:31 -0800
        Subject: [IRAQHistory] A Follow Up RE Group Emails and Wafaa'

         

         
        Dear All:
         
        I am resending my email below with slight modification
        from this yahoo address to ensure that you all receive it. 
        I noticed a couple of errors, which are now corrected below.
         
        I want to thank Kanan Thabit, Barbara al-Bayati, Umm
        Zannobiya and Osama AttarBashi for confirming
        receipt of my email below.  The strange thing is that
        Misbah's reply with suggestion was received at my
        gmail address, but not at this yahoo address while Osama's
        acknowledgment was received at this yahoo location, but
        not at my gmail address!!  In case you have the same
        problem, you may want to subscribe with another email
        address.
         
        Please note that I will remove the addresses of those
        who do not confirm/acknowlege receipt of this email 
        by January 31.  This is only done once a year. 
         
        If you are receiving this note without [IRAQHistory] in the subject title, it means your address is not included in this group or that your carrier is not allowing messages from this yahoogroup address. Please let me know before February to solve the problem.
         
        I look forward to hearing from all of you by January 31.
         
        Thank you,
        Wafaa' Al-Natheema
         


        --- On Sun, 1/23/11, Wafaa Al-Natheema <historyofiraq@...> wrote:

        From: Wafaa Al-Natheema <historyofiraq@...>
        Subject: Re: [IRAQHistory] A Follow Up RE Group Emails and Wafaa'
        To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Sunday, January 23, 2011, 1:00 PM

        Thank you all for the greetings and for initiating the January emails.
         
        Misbah's suggestion is well taken and I encourage those of you with inquiries
        and expectations or those who are knowledgeable of Iraq history to come forward
        and make a suggestion, provide a study/article and/or share information provided
        they are in English with sources and related to Iraq history until 2003
        invasion.
         
        I am bccing those whom I think not receiving our emails due to their carrier's
        technical problem. I am also sending a copy to a couple who have some expertise
        in IRAQ's history hoping this email (with the correspondence below) witll reach them.  This means that subscribers will receive two copies of the same email.  If you don't, please let me know.  Thank you
         
        The matter I am most concerned about is the mute subscribers who refuse to acknowledge receipt of any of the articles and emails, even once a year in times when they receive new year greetings for instance!
         
        I have not been hearing from Sami Salman, Barbara al-Bayati, Ellen Wasfi, Zainab Khan, Mohammed Al-Moethen and many others.  Are Naji and Ali receiving our emails?  I am not sure whether the recent members who joined in the last three or four months, Laith al-Hamdani, Ghada Nazanda and Emad Yahya, have been receiving our correspondence, articles and information!!!
         
        Please note that I have taken a break of at least six months away from email correspondence focusing on few projects, and therefore I appreciate it if you send your email inquiry, invitations to writing or events, project ideas or deadlines,  to INEAS_1994@... and ineas@... or phone me at INEAS' number http://www.INEAS.org  should you need anything or it is an important matter. 
         
        I will send another announcement shortly.  In the meantime, I wish you all peace
        of mind and content in 1432 and 2011.
         
        Salaam,
        Wafaa' Al-Natheema
         

         
        On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 5:06 PM, Misbah Kamal <misbahkamal@...> wrote:
         

        Thank you all for your New Year greetings which I reciprocate.  May it be a peaceful year.  Like most of you I have received group messages in my Inbox.

         

        The Iraq History Group has not seen much activity lately.  This is not surprising because the general interest of the members in the history of Iraq appears to be insufficient in generating discussion on any aspect of Iraq’s history.

         

        Regrettably the membership of the group, I believe, though I stand to be corrected, does not include professional historians who can open up new vistas for some engagement by us.  Moreover, the group does not operate in the absence of Wafaa, its originator and moderator, who is the driving force behind its activities.  Her being away on other projects means the absence of intellectual stimulation to group members to investigate or follow up issues and problems of a historical nature.  This situation is not unique to the Group.  I run two blogs on insurance in Iraq and encounter the same problem.  I wish to contribute more to the Group but other commitments and my specialist interest and work preclude greater involvement.

         

        Happy New Year to All.

         

        Dear May:

         

        I too received your email in the SPAM folder.  I guess this is

        a characteristics of yahoo!!

         

        Thank you and Walaa' for initiating these New Year's emails. 

         

         

        Dear History Group:

         

        Wafaa' has taken a six-month sabatical to focus on her films,

        reasearch and travel.  Therefore, she will attend to email occasionally. 

         

        Wafaa indicated that she sent a mobile text greeting in the New Year to some of you overseas, but received only a reply from Amr in Egypt.  She intends to phone Ali and Misbah (in London) shortly.

         

        Best Wishes to All,

        Richard Sullivan

         



        --- On Wed, 1/12/11, May Roberts <filmwriting2004@...> wrote:


        From: May Roberts <filmwriting2004@...>
        Subject: RE: [IRAQHistory] Iraq's Agriculture: History and Present
        To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 11:48 PM

         

         

        Greetings and best wishes to all in the new year.

         

        Dear Walaa':

         

        I found your email below in the SPAM folder along with Wafaa's agriculture email, which is annoying.  I hope this has not

        happened with others in this group.

         

        I read the English version of Wafaa's article at our INEAS's www.INEAS.org website. That is another reason why I didn't

        notice its disappearance from this group email.

         

        Thank you for waking us up.

         

        Best Wishes,

        May Roberts

         



        --- On Wed, 1/12/11, W. Ali <WMS_Al@...> wrote:


        From: W. Ali <WMS_Al@...>
        Subject: RE: [IRAQHistory] Iraq's Agriculture: History and Present
        To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 2:40 PM

         

         

        Dear Wafaa and Members of This Group:

         

        I wish you ALL a peaceful and fruitful new year.

         

        Since the early November, I have been traveling and so I occasionally maintained my email. 

         

        I want to apologize for taking nearly three months to acknowledge your email below.  In general, I have not been feeling good. But sadly I was not the only one who did not reply to your November-17th email below; it seems from the incoming emails that nobody bothered to acknowledge its receipt!!

         

        I am truly sorry.  I hope that the group's silence won't discourage you.

         

        Best Wishes in 2011,

        Walaa' Ali

         



        --- On Wed, 11/17/10, Wafaa Al-Natheema <aboutfromiraq@...> wrote:


        From: Wafaa Al-Natheema <aboutfromiraq@...>
        Subject: RE: [IRAQHistory] Iraq's Agriculture: History and Present
        To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Wednesday, November 17, 2010, 2:55 AM

         

         

        Dear Richard & Misbah:

         

        Thank you so much for your message confirmation and greetings.

         

        Please note that both of your messages were strangely in my SPAM

        folder.  They did not come through as regular messages, but as messages waiting for approval, which was strange, and don't know why 

        this happens sometimes.

         

        Also I did not receive my email below of November 13 providing the agriculture article in both languages through this group.  I knew it was sent to the group because both Misbah and Richard confirmed receipt of my note.

         

        I highly appreciate hearing from all of the IRAQ History subscribers on whether my and your messages were received.

         

        Looking Forward to Hearing from You.

         

        Eid Mubarek,

        Wafaa' Al-Natheema



        --- On Sun, 11/14/10, Misbah Kamal <misbahkamal@...> wrote:


        From: Misbah Kamal <misbahkamal@...>
        Subject: RE: [IRAQHistory] Iraq's Agriculture: History and Present [Eid al-Adha Greetings]
        To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 4:56 AM

         

        Dear All
         

        On the occasion of Eid Al-Adha I would like to share with you the following sentiment sent to me by a colleague in Iraq : May this Eid be an opportunity for forgiveness of, kindness and mercy to other people, East and West.

         

        Best wishes of the season.

         

        Misbah Kamal


        From: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com [mailto: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Richard Sullivan
        Sent: 14 November 2010 00:41
        To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: Re: [IRAQHistory] Iraq 's Agriculture: History and Present
         
         
         
        Dear Wafaa:
         
        Thank you so much for writing and publishing this very
        informative article. Many thanks to the translators as well.
         
        Wishing You and the Iraq History Group Eid Mubarek,
         
        Richard Sullivan


        --- On Sat, 11/13/10, Wafaa Al-Natheema <aboutfromiraq@...> wrote:

        From: Wafaa Al-Natheema <aboutfromiraq@...>
        Subject: [IRAQHistory] Iraq 's Agriculture: History and Present
        To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com
        Cc: aboutfromiraq@...
        Date: Saturday, November 13, 2010, 6:50 PM
         
         
        Dear Members:
         
        First I would like to wish all of you a joyful and prosperous holiday season.
         
        Second, I wish all of us, the Iraq History group a happy 5th anniversary.  Those of you who have been part of this group from its inception probably remember that it began in the fall of 2005.
         
        Third, when sending me personal emails or information and alerts unrelated to Iraq history, kindly send them to aboutfromiraq@...
         
         
        Fourth, I would like to thank Osama AttarBashi and Misbah Kamal for translating (to English) my article on Iraq 's agriculture during the embargo years and occupation, on the benefits of few vegetables and some terminology in standard Arabic, English and various Arabic dialects.  I also want to thank Misbah Kamal for editing part of the translation. 
         
         
        The article in both Arabic and English was recently posted on our
        Institute's webpage at:
         
         
         
         
        Wishing You All The Best in Your Endeavors,
        Wafaa' Al-Natheema
         

         




      • hayfabacch@earthlink.net
        I have received all the IraqHistory emails. Wishing you all success, peace, prosperity, and happiness. hayfaa ... From: To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com Sent:
        Message 3 of 25 , Jan 27, 2011
        • 0 Attachment
          I have received all the IraqHistory emails.
           
          Wishing you all success, peace, prosperity, and happiness.
           
          hayfaa 
           
           
          ----- Original Message -----
          From:
          Sent: 1/26/2011 7:34:27 PM
          Subject: Re: [IRAQHistory] Important Note from IRAQ History Group + Corrections

           

          Just in case there is some additional problem with transmission, I am sending a duplicate e-mail to let you know that I have received the [IraqHistory] e-mails.  Thanks.
           
          Ellen Wasfi
           
          In a message dated 1/26/2011 4:11:11 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, aboutfromiraq@... writes:
           

           
          Dear All:
           
          I am resending my email below with slight modification
          from this yahoo address to ensure that you all receive it. 
          I noticed a couple of errors, which are now corrected below.
           
          I want to thank Kanan Thabit, Barbara al-Bayati, Umm
          Zannobiya and Osama AttarBashi for confirming
          receipt of my email below.  The strange thing is that
          Misbah's reply with suggestion was received at my
          gmail address, but not at this yahoo address while Osama's
          acknowledgment was received at this yahoo location, but
          not at my gmail address!!  In case you have the same
          problem, you may want to subscribe with another email
          address.
           
          Please note that I will remove the addresses of those
          who do not confirm/acknowlege receipt of this email 
          by January 31.  This is only done once a year. 
           
          If you are receiving this note without [IRAQHistory] in the subject title, it means your address is not included in this group or that your carrier is not allowing messages from this yahoogroup address. Please let me know before February to solve the problem.
           
          I look forward to hearing from all of you by January 31.
           
          Thank you,
          Wafaa' Al-Natheema
           


          --- On Sun, 1/23/11, Wafaa Al-Natheema <historyofiraq@...> wrote:

          From: Wafaa Al-Natheema <historyofiraq@...>
          Subject: Re: [IRAQHistory] A Follow Up RE Group Emails and Wafaa'
          To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Sunday, January 23, 2011, 1:00 PM

          Thank you all for the greetings and for initiating the January emails.
           
          Misbah's suggestion is well taken and I encourage those of you with inquiries
          and expectations or those who are knowledgeable of Iraq history to come forward
          and make a suggestion, provide a study/article and/or share information provided
          they are in English with sources and related to Iraq history until 2003
          invasion.
           
          I am bccing those whom I think not receiving our emails due to their carrier's
          technical problem. I am also sending a copy to a couple who have some expertise
          in IRAQ's history hoping this email (with the correspondence below) witll reach them.  This means that subscribers will receive two copies of the same email.  If you don't, please let me know.  Thank you
           
          The matter I am most concerned about is the mute subscribers who refuse to acknowledge receipt of any of the articles and emails, even once a year in times when they receive new year greetings for instance!
           
          I have not been hearing from Sami Salman, Barbara al-Bayati, Ellen Wasfi, Zainab Khan, Mohammed Al-Moethen and many others.  Are Naji and Ali receiving our emails?  I am not sure whether the recent members who joined in the last three or four months, Laith al-Hamdani, Ghada Nazanda and Emad Yahya, have been receiving our correspondence, articles and information!!!
           
          Please note that I have taken a break of at least six months away from email correspondence focusing on few projects, and therefore I appreciate it if you send your email inquiry, invitations to writing or events, project ideas or deadlines,  to INEAS_1994@... and ineas@... or phone me at INEAS' number http://www.INEAS.org  should you need anything or it is an important matter. 
           
          I will send another announcement shortly.  In the meantime, I wish you all peace
          of mind and content in 1432 and 2011.
           
          Salaam,
          Wafaa' Al-Natheema
           

           
          On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 5:06 PM, Misbah Kamal <misbahkamal@...> wrote:
           

          Thank you all for your New Year greetings which I reciprocate.  May it be a peaceful year.  Like most of you I have received group messages in my Inbox.

           

          The Iraq History Group has not seen much activity lately.  This is not surprising because the general interest of the members in the history of Iraq appears to be insufficient in generating discussion on any aspect of Iraq���s history.

           

          Regrettably the membership of the group, I believe, though I stand to be corrected, does not include professional historians who can open up new vistas for some engagement by us.  Moreover, the group does not operate in the absence of Wafaa, its originator and moderator, who is the driving force behind its activities.  Her being away on other projects means the absence of intellectual stimulation to group members to investigate or follow up issues and problems of a historical nature.  This situation is not unique to the Group.  I run two blogs on insurance in Iraq and encounter the same problem.  I wish to contribute more to the Group but other commitments and my specialist interest and work preclude greater involvement.

           

          The Group is unique but it needs fresh contributions from historians, as well others with interest in Iraq���s history, to make it an active forum for discussing Iraq���s history.  Wafaa��� and others have to think of ways of developing the resources of the Group.  Alternatively, the Group can continue as it is, with sporadic contributions and limited discussion and exchange of information.

           

          Best wishes.

          Misbah


          From: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com [mailto:IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Rita C-S
          Sent: 15 January 2011 19:05
          To: iraqhistory@yahoogroups.com


          Subject: RE: [IRAQHistory] A Follow Up RE Group Emails and Wafaa'

           

           

          Greetings and happy New Year to all.
           
          I've received all your emails in 2011.  Thank you.
           
          Best Regards,
          Rita

           

          To: iraqhistory@yahoogroups.com
          From: georgemichael1956@...
          Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 11:46:45 -0500
          Subject: RE: [IRAQHistory] A Follow Up RE Group Emails and Wafaa'

           

          Thank you, Richard, May and Walaa' for the greetings, information and commentary.
           
          I wish all in this group a prosperous and productive new year.
           
          Looking forward to receiving some information/discussion about IRAQ's history from
          this group. 
           
          George Michael
           
           

           


          To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com
          From: richardsullivan1942@...
          Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 09:36:31 -0800
          Subject: [IRAQHistory] A Follow Up RE Group Emails and Wafaa'

           

           

          Happy New Year to All.

           

          Dear May:

           

          I too received your email in the SPAM folder.  I guess this is

          a characteristics of yahoo!!

           

          Thank you and Walaa' for initiating these New Year's emails. 

           

           

          Dear History Group:

           

          Wafaa' has taken a six-month sabatical to focus on her films,

          reasearch and travel.  Therefore, she will attend to email occasionally. 

           

          Wafaa indicated that she sent a mobile text greeting in the New Year to some of you overseas, but received only a reply from Amr in Egypt.  She intends to phone Ali and Misbah (in London) shortly.

           

          Best Wishes to All,

          Richard Sullivan

           



          --- On Wed, 1/12/11, May Roberts <filmwriting2004@...> wrote:


          From: May Roberts <filmwriting2004@...>
          Subject: RE: [IRAQHistory] Iraq's Agriculture: History and Present
          To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 11:48 PM

           

           

          Greetings and best wishes to all in the new year.

           

          Dear Walaa':

           

          I found your email below in the SPAM folder along with Wafaa's agriculture email, which is annoying.  I hope this has not

          happened with others in this group.

           

          I read the English version of Wafaa's article at our INEAS's www.INEAS.org website. That is another reason why I didn't

          notice its disappearance from this group email.

           

          Thank you for waking us up.

           

          Best Wishes,

          May Roberts

           



          --- On Wed, 1/12/11, W. Ali <WMS_Al@...> wrote:


          From: W. Ali <WMS_Al@...>
          Subject: RE: [IRAQHistory] Iraq's Agriculture: History and Present
          To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 2:40 PM

           

           

          Dear Wafaa and Members of This Group:

           

          I wish you ALL a peaceful and fruitful new year.

           

          Since the early November, I have been traveling and so I occasionally maintained my email. 

           

          I want to apologize for taking nearly three months to acknowledge your email below.  In general, I have not been feeling good. But sadly I was not the only one who did not reply to your November-17th email below; it seems from the incoming emails that nobody bothered to acknowledge its receipt!!

           

          I am truly sorry.  I hope that the group's silence won't discourage you.

           

          Best Wishes in 2011,

          Walaa' Ali

           



          --- On Wed, 11/17/10, Wafaa Al-Natheema <aboutfromiraq@...> wrote:


          From: Wafaa Al-Natheema <aboutfromiraq@...>
          Subject: RE: [IRAQHistory] Iraq's Agriculture: History and Present
          To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Wednesday, November 17, 2010, 2:55 AM

           

           

          Dear Richard & Misbah:

           

          Thank you so much for your message confirmation and greetings.

           

          Please note that both of your messages were strangely in my SPAM

          folder.  They did not come through as regular messages, but as messages waiting for approval, which was strange, and don't know why 

          this happens sometimes.

           

          Also I did not receive my email below of November 13 providing the agriculture article in both languages through this group.  I knew it was sent to the group because both Misbah and Richard confirmed receipt of my note.

           

          I highly appreciate hearing from all of the IRAQ History subscribers on whether my and your messages were received.

           

          Looking Forward to Hearing from You.

           

          Eid Mubarek,

          Wafaa' Al-Natheema



          --- On Sun, 11/14/10, Misbah Kamal <misbahkamal@...> wrote:


          From: Misbah Kamal <misbahkamal@...>
          Subject: RE: [IRAQHistory] Iraq's Agriculture: History and Present [Eid al-Adha Greetings]
          To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 4:56 AM

           

          Dear All
           

          On the occasion of Eid Al-Adha I would like to share with you the following sentiment sent to me by a colleague in Iraq : May this Eid be an opportunity for forgiveness of, kindness and mercy to other people, East and West.

           

          Best wishes of the season.

           

          Misbah Kamal


          From: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com [mailto: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Richard Sullivan
          Sent: 14 November 2010 00:41
          To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: Re: [IRAQHistory] Iraq 's Agriculture: History and Present
           
           
           
          Dear Wafaa:
           
          Thank you so much for writing and publishing this very
          informative article. Many thanks to the translators as well.
           
          Wishing You and the Iraq History Group Eid Mubarek,
           
          Richard Sullivan


          --- On Sat, 11/13/10, Wafaa Al-Natheema <aboutfromiraq@...> wrote:

          From: Wafaa Al-Natheema <aboutfromiraq@...>
          Subject: [IRAQHistory] Iraq 's Agriculture: History and Present
          To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com
          Cc: aboutfromiraq@...
          Date: Saturday, November 13, 2010, 6:50 PM
           
           
          Dear Members:
           
          First I would like to wish all of you a joyful and prosperous holiday season.
           
          Second, I wish all of us, the Iraq History group a happy 5th anniversary.  Those of you who have been part of this group from its inception probably remember that it began in the fall of 2005.
           
          Third, when sending me personal emails or information and alerts unrelated to Iraq history, kindly send them to aboutfromiraq@...
           
           
          Fourth, I would like to thank Osama AttarBashi and Misbah Kamal for translating (to English) my article on Iraq 's agriculture during the embargo years and occupation, on the benefits of few vegetables and some terminology in standard Arabic, English and various Arabic dialects.  I also want to thank Misbah Kamal for editing part of the translation. 
           
           
          The article in both Arabic and English was recently posted on our
          Institute's webpage at:
           
           
           
           
          Wishing You All The Best in Your Endeavors,
          Wafaa' Al-Natheema
           

           



        Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.