Re: [IRAQHistory] The Other Arabs

  • May Roberts
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 6, 2010

      Dear Wafaa', George, Walaa' and those interested:

      I just updated the webpage www.firstgiving.com/ineas-film
      and included your appreciated contributions, George
      and Walaa', in the off-line list. Thank you, George and Walaa' for
      your donations.

      It was unfortunate and unfair to the film project that in
      March when we established the funding-drive page, I completely
      forgot to include the option of making a donation via check or money
      order for those living in the USA and Canada!!  This is why
      George's donation and others' on-line and through our website's
      PayPal (which we have been recording under off-line donations in 2010)
      have been charged between 2.5 and 7.5%.  We would have avoided
      these charges had we included the check option.

      I know that you, Wafaa', are under lots of pressures facing two
      additional and unexpected deadlines for the next ten days.  But
      I want this comment of my mine to be as a reminder:

      I Look forward to your brief article on history of Arabs in IRAQ

      Best Wishes to All,

      May Roberts

      From: George Michael <georgemichael1956@ hotmail.com>
      Subject: [IRAQHistory] The Other Arabs
      To: iraqhistory@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Friday, June 18, 2010, 10:35 AM

      Dear Wafaa:

      Since Walaa's comment below on May 16, we did not hear from you regarding your film "The Other Arabs".

      Please provide an update as I am anxious to see the film completed.  I don't
      mean to pressure you, I acknowledge your hectic schedule.

      I remember few months back Rita Cohen-Sharaf brought it to our attention
      and through a webpage that she or someone else provided one can make
      donations on-line.  She also made a donation. Please resend it with your
      comments about the film project.

      I hope it will remind our group to make a donation!  I remember seeing a donation
      of $1000 being made by a person from Kuwait.  How much more needed to reach
      the target?

      The film's content tackling the history of Arabs in general and those of Jews
      in particular along with their contributions, struggle, cultural identity and the
      effect of Zionism on them is unique.

      Looking Forward to Hearing from You,
      George Michael

      To: IRAQHistory@ yahoogroups. com
      From: WMS_Al@yahoo. com
      Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 16:50:52 -0700
      Subject: Re: [IRAQHistory] Insurance in IRAQ & Voice Message

      Dear Wafaa:

      Thank you very much.

      Indeed I received two messages, and I was able to
      listen to your message.

      I look forward to your film project about "The Other Arabs".
      Please focus on that in May and especially June.  I
      hope the Iraqi community in London (since it is big) will
      be able to organize a fundraising and a showing of your
      film trailer to enable you to edit and release it by December!

      Wishing You All the Best of Luck,
      Walaa' Ali

      From: W. Ali <WMS_Al@yahoo. com>
      Subject: Re: [IRAQHistory] Information on Insurance in IRAQ & Important Message
      To: IRAQHistory@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Tuesday, April 27, 2010, 7:17 AM

      Dear Wafaa:

      Like Claudia, I too was unable to open the voice attachment,
      but finally I had the chance last Sunday to read Misbah
      Kamal's article, very informative, thanks to you and him for
      publishing and distributing it.

      Can you or Misbah email the Arabic version of the same
      article?  I would appreciate it.

      Thanks again for all the work you've been doing.
      Walaa' Ali

      From: Wafaa Al-Natheema <historyofiraq@ gmail.com>
      Subject: [IRAQHistory] Information on Insurance in IRAQ & Important Message [1 Attachment]
      To: IRAQHistory@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Saturday, April 10, 2010, 1:23 PM

      Dear Friends:

      Kindly listen to the attached voice message.  I appreciate hearing from you
      if you have answers to my question or any comments.  Clarifying points
      about my last email and Misbah Kamal's article are included in the message.

      Also please read this informative and well-written article:  http://historyofira q.blogspot. com <http://historyofira q.blogspot. com/>
      Its subject is unique and was tackled only once since the inception of this group in
      October 2005.

      This message is reaching some of the former subscribers of the Iraq history group
      and a couple of lawyers who maybe interested in the information.  To subscribe
      again please send a message to IRAQHistory@ yahoogroups. com <http://us.mc1125. mail.yahoo. com/mc/compose? to=IRAQHistory@ yahoogroups. com>  and confirm it.

      Best Regards,
      Wafaa' Al-Natheema
      http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/IRAQHistor y/ <http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/IRAQHistor y/>

    • May Roberts
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 22, 2010

        Greetings:

        On behalf of the Institute of Near Eastern & African Studies (INEAS), I want to thank you, Dr. Abdul Karim Hani so much for your generous donation to "The Other Arabs" film.
        You will receive a follow up email from INEAS shortly.

        Dear Iraq group subscribers:

        I include here the donation link with all the updates that have been taken place regarding the film fundraising drive in September:

        I encourage those of you who did not watch both trailers for this film is to view them in the link above.

        Kindly forward it to whomever interested in the film project with a reminder informing them that our deadline to raise funds is October 1st.

        Thank you,

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 23, 2010

          Dear May:

          Thank you so much for the good news.

          I watched the trailer on the top left as it appears in the link below and enjoyed as well as appreciated Zvi Ben Dor's history telling, Duraid Laham's song and the way the segment Zchizophrenia was edited.

          Kudos to all your efforts at INEAS,

          Regards,
          Umm Zannobiya