Information on Insurance in IRAQ & Important Message

  • Wafaa Al-Natheema
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 10 10:23 AM
    Dear Friends:

    Kindly listen to the attached voice message.  I appreciate hearing from you
    if you have answers to my question or any comments.  Clarifying points
    about my last email and Misbah Kamal's article are included in the message.

    Also please read this informative and well-written article:  http://historyofiraq.blogspot.com
    Its subject is unique and was tackled only once since the inception of this group in
    October 2005.

    This message is reaching some of the former subscribers of the Iraq history group
    and a couple of lawyers who maybe interested in the information.  To subscribe
    again please send a message to IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com and confirm it.

    Best Regards,
    Wafaa' Al-Natheema

  • George Michael
    Message 2 of 14 , Apr 10 1:06 PM

      Dear Wafaa:

      Thank you so much for your informative email, lovely voice message
      and the historic details on Insurance.  Thanks to you and to M. Kamal
      for publishing and making it available to us.

      I did receive your message with [IRAQHistory] in the subject title.

      I also appreciated very much your interview with the Iraqi Kurd,
      Arshad Zibary.

      Thanks again,
      George

      To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com
      From: historyofiraq@...
      Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 13:23:59 -0400
      Subject: [IRAQHistory] Information on Insurance in IRAQ & Important Message [1 Attachment]

      [Attachment(s) from Wafaa Al-Natheema included below]
      Dear Friends:

      Kindly listen to the attached voice message.  I appreciate hearing from you
      if you have answers to my question or any comments.  Clarifying points
      about my last email and Misbah Kamal's article are included in the message.

      Also please read this informative and well-written article:  http://historyofira q.blogspot. com
      Its subject is unique and was tackled only once since the inception of this group in
      October 2005.

      This message is reaching some of the former subscribers of the Iraq history group
      and a couple of lawyers who maybe interested in the information.  To subscribe
      again please send a message to IRAQHistory@ yahoogroups. com and confirm it.

      Best Regards,
      Wafaa' Al-Natheema

    • Richard Sullivan
      Message 3 of 14 , Apr 11 8:25 AM

        Not to worry, Rita, I've done it once before, signing
        my name as the name of the recipient rather than mine.

        I too was unable to open Wafaa's attachment.  It seems
        that George was able to hear the voice message!
        I wonder whether others were able to listen to it
        or not.

        Indeed Kamal's article was informative.  Thanks to him
        and Wafaa for publishing it.

        Regards,
        Richard Sullivan

        From: cohen_sharaf@ hotmail.com
        Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 14:23:59 +0000

        Thanks to Misbah Kamal for his informative and should-be-read article about
        Insurance.  I hope it gets extensively distributed.

        Wafaa,

        I don't know whether the attachment was corrupted as it passed through
        the yahoogroup or not. I wonder because I couldn't opent it.  Were you or others
        within this group able to open it and listen to the message?

        Regards,
        Wafaa'

        To: IRAQHistory@ yahoogroups. com

        Message 4 of 14 , Apr 12 5:59 PM

          Dear All:

          I was not able to open the attachment from my own laptop,
          but was able to do so from my friend's laptop.

          It would be appreciated if I know that more than five individuals have not been able to listen to it, this way I
          will resend it to you all independently of this yahoogroup
          address.

          Please let me know if you were able to listen to it or not.

          Thank you,
          Wafaa'

          Message 5 of 14 , Apr 12 6:16 PM

            greetings,

            I was able to open the attachment and listen to Wafaa's
            lovely voice.

            Thanks for the informative article.

            Salaam,
            Umm Zannobiya

            Message 6 of 14 , Apr 13 4:21 AM
              Greetings,
              I was not able to open the attachment, please resend it. Thank you
              Abdulkarim Hani.

              Kindly listen to the attached voice message.  I appreciate hearing from you
              if you have answers to my question or any comments.  Clarifying points
              about my last email and Misbah Kamal's article are included in the message.

              Also please read this informative and well-written article:  http://historyofira q.blogspot. com
              Its subject is unique and was tackled only once since the inception of this group in
              October 2005.

              This message is reaching some of the former subscribers of the Iraq history group
              and a couple of lawyers who maybe interested in the information.  To subscribe
              again please send a message to IRAQHistory@ yahoogroups. com and confirm it.

              Best Regards,
              Wafaa' Al-Natheema

            • Mohammed Al-Moeithen
              Message 7 of 14 , Apr 13 6:11 AM
                Dear Wafaa
                    Good day every day
                         Me as well cannot be able to open the attachment with best regards     Mohammed

                Message 8 of 14 , Apr 13 9:01 AM
                  Dear Wafaa,

                  I was able to open the attachment. Also I  got to see [IraqHistory] in the subject bar of the email you enquired about.

                  Salaam

                  Amr

                  Message 9 of 14 , Apr 13 2:48 PM

                    Dear Wafaa

                    I tried to send a message but failed.

                    I wanted to tell you that I was able to open your voice message.  You came across serene.  I presume that the problem faced by some members of the group lies in their PCs or laptops.

                    I also wanted to thank those who received my insurance article favourably despite the arid nature of the subject.  I do hope that a professional historian would one day research the subject.

                    Best regards.

                    Misbah

                    Message 10 of 14 , Apr 15 8:58 AM
                      Re: [IRAQHistory] Information on Insurance in IRAQ & Important Message Hello Wafaa’.  I could not open the attachment, when I am finally getting around to it.  Alas, it is hard for me to follow the History Group, even though I am very interested.  On some level, I feel awkward because I cannot really participate.

                      I don’t want to get off the list because when I have time, I really like reading what you are all discussing and discovering.

                      We struggle on.  Claudia

                      Also please read this informative and well-written article:  http://historyofira q.blogspot. com <http://historyofiraq.blogspot.com/>
                      Its subject is unique and was tackled only once since the inception of this group in
                      October 2005.

                      This message is reaching some of the former subscribers of the Iraq history group
                      and a couple of lawyers who maybe interested in the information.  To subscribe
                      again please send a message to IRAQHistory@ yahoogroups. com <http://us.mc1125.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com>  and confirm it.

                      Best Regards,
                      Wafaa' Al-Natheema
                      http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/IRAQHistor y/ <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/IRAQHistory/>

                    • W. Ali
                      Message 11 of 14 , Apr 27 4:17 AM

                        Dear Wafaa:

                        Like Claudia, I too was unable to open the voice attachment,
                        but finally I had the chance last Sunday to read Misbah
                        Kamal's article, very informative, thanks to you and him for
                        publishing and distributing it.

                        Can you or Misbah email the Arabic version of the same
                        article?  I would appreciate it.

                        Thanks again for all the work you've been doing.
                        Walaa' Ali

                        Message 12 of 14 , Apr 28 1:29 PM
                        Dear Walaa'

                        I am pleased that you have such an interest in the subject.  After
                        retrieving the paper, I have taken this opportunity to correct the date
                        of the Ottoman Insurance Law to be 1905 and not 1904.  Also, I have
                        identified the source of this law as being Belgian and not French, as I
                        have originally stated.  I attach the Arabic version of the article.

                        I should be grateful for corrections or comments.

                        Best

                        Misbah Kamal

                        Message 13 of 14 , May 1, 2010
                          Dear Misbah:

                          Thank you for providing the Arabic version.  I have not read it yet,
                          but I will.

                          Dear Claudia and Walaa':

                          My delay in not responding to you has been due to the
                          hecticness I have been undergoing as a result of the International
                          Seed Day (ISD).

                          I will email you the voice message directly to your addresses within
                          this week.  If I forget, please remind me.  I appreciate it.

                          Dear Mohammed and Abdul Karim:

                          Did the voice message work when sent directly to your email
                          address?  I ask because I did not hear from you after I sent it.
                          Feel free to reply to my address historyofiraq@... and
                          not this yahoo address.

                          Regards,
                          Wafaa' Al-Natheema

                          Message 14 of 14 , May 8, 2010

                            Dear Misbah:

                            Thank you very much for attaching the Arabic version
                            and making the correction.

                            Arabic readers should read and distribute this informative
                            article.

                            Dear Wafaa:

                            Thank you for your reply to my inquiry.  Looking forward
                            to receiving the voice message again.

                            Best Regards,
                            Walaa' Ali