Re: [IRAQHistory] IRAQ History Group + Jews in Documentary Film

  • Wafaa Al-Natheema
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2010

      Thank you, Walaa, for your prompt response and encouragement.

      The link still came through very small.  Maybe this is something
      to do with yahoo.  I wonder how it was received by other recipients
      via other carriers (i.e. earthlink, gmail, ect..)!!

      I forgot to thank Hayfaa in New York for phoning me to inquire about
      my well being.

      Maysoon's email address has not been maintained.  Messages sent to her
      bounced back indicating 'inbox is full'.  So, I will remove her address.

      Best Regards,
      Wafaa' Al-Natheema

      From: Wafaa Al-Natheema <aboutfromiraq@ yahoo.com>
      To: IRAQHistory@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Sunday, January 31, 2010, 8:05 AM

      Greetings to all:

      I hope this note finds you well and in good mood.

      Between December 10 and January 20, I took a break from
      the Internet and email correspondence due to eye problems,
      exhaustion and other pressures and problems.  As a result, I have
      decided to email voice messages instead of written messages
      because they take less efforts, don't bother my eyes and are
      clearer.

      Kindly read this note in its entirety and view the link provided in the bottom of this email.  Thank you.

      I want to thank Ali in London and Amr in Egypt for phoning me
      during that critical period. I also want to specially thank
      Richard, Walaa', Rita, May, Umm Zannobiya, Amr and George
      for their continued encouragement and support in terms of keeping
      this group informed, in discussion or provided suggestions and
      feedback.

      It was great talking with you, Rita, on Monday.  Also it was a good opportunity to meet you, Sylvia, yesterday and talked with you,
      Ali, today.

      I apologize, Husayn, for not being able to phone you after Tuesday
      and encourage you to please mail the documents on or shortly after
      February 10. I will phone you as soon as I am able.

      I hope that you all viewed the video clip of Abdul Karim Hani
      on the college of medicine and Jews with a critical mind.  I say so because I unfortunately edited the clip in a hurry and at a couple of points my translation of his statement could have been better.

      It was unfortunate that I did not hear from Maysoon in the UK,
      Evelyn in California, Jawad (I no longer know where you live) and
      Fouad in the Gulf States (I forgot which state).  I look forward to hearing from you soon

      I also hope to meet with you, Misbah.  Feel free to email me at my other personal address to arrange at least a phone call if not a meeting.

      Thank you, Naji, for the Arabic article you emailed me about Jewish Arabs.

      This brings me to the project we (at INEAS http://www.INEAS. org)
      will be producing in 2010.  Its description and history briefing as well
      as how to support it can be accessed here:

      http://www.firstgiv ing.com/ineas- film

      I appreciate your feedback about the film description in the link above.

      Unless there will be team work in documenting Iraq's history, this

      group's maintenance and activities won't be my priority in 2010

      as I will be working on the editing of three documentary films simultaneously on a universal subject, Iraq and India.  Perhaps if we raise some funds for this Iraq history initiative the way we are doing for the documentary films, I will be able to compensate historians and translators to write and join me in the research and translation, it will then be my priority.

      Best Wishes for a Fruitful 2010

      Wafaa' Al-Natheema

      http://historyofira q.blogspot. com

    • George Michael
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2010

        Dear Wafaa:

        So good to receive your note.  Thank God you are back with the project of
        "The Other Arabs".   I appreciated the historic information about Arabs in the link.

        Please note that I received the link in a good, not a tiny, size, as indicated in Walaa's
        email.

        Wishing You Best of Luck with the Film Project.

        George Michael

        To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 3, 2010

          Thank you, Wafaa', and welcome back.

          Please note that I received the film-donation link in a good readable size, not tiny.

          I made a modest donation of $30 via INEAS' website as requested and not through the justgiving link.  I hope
          others would support this wonderful project.

          Best Wishes,
          Rita

          To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 3, 2010

            Dear Rita:

            Thank you so much for your donation.  Nothing is modest,
            even if $15.  All greatly appreciated.  Your name now appears
            in the list of off-line donations.

            Of course people can choose to stay anonymous when making a donation.  All those making donations of $50 or more will be credited in the film.

            Thanks again,

            Dear Misbah:

            It was wonderful meeting you yesterday and putting face to our communication.  Documenting and translating the history of Insurance in Iraq is a good tiny project for March, we'll discuss it later.  Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend tonight's event.  Thank you for telling me about it.

            Best Regards,
            Wafaa'