RE: [IRAQHistory] July 14 and Iraq History Group

  • Rita C-S
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 7, 2009

      Hello Wafaa' and everyone:

      This is some kind of a test to see if all is well with this group.  Since July 15, I have
      received nothing.

      I am aware that you, Wafaa', have been extremely busy in the summer, so I hope September will be less hectic and we begin again this fall with more on Iraq's history.

      This is not meant to pressure you, Wafaa'.

      Best autumn wishes to you and everyone in this group,

      Rita Cohen-Sharaf

      To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com
      From: aboutfromiraq@...
      Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 20:38:37 -0700
      Subject: [IRAQHistory] July 14

      Windows Live: Make it easier for your friends to see what you’re up to on Facebook. Find out more.
    • Wafaa Al-Natheema
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 10, 2009
        Sorry, Rita, that no one has acknowledged receipt of your note.

        You are right, our group has had no activities since July 14/15,
        so not to worry.

        You are right too that I have been so busy, in fact so busy that many of my deadlines have not been met and I keep postponing some matters, writings and projects.

        More than two weeks ago, I've finished editing an interview with Dr. Faleh Al-Khayat on IRAQ's Marshes, but till yesterday we've been trying to correct some glitches that happened when posting it on our Institute's website.  We're still working on it and hopefully today or tomorrow, it will be ready for viewing.

        The raeson I mention the interview here is because more than half of it addresses the Marshes and the project of drying the Marshes from a historic perspective covering aspects in the 70s with a brief mention of the 50s.

        It will be very informative to those who knew nothing about the matter or have heard about it only from the USA/European mainstream media.

        Best Regards,
        Wafaa' Al-Natheema

        From: aboutfromiraq@ yahoo.com
        Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 20:38:37 -0700

        http://historyofira q.blogspot. com/2009/ 07/july-14- remembered. html

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 10, 2009

          Dear Sylvia:

          I thank you so much for your Ramadhan greetings, which you've
          sent them to my yahoo personal address aboutfromiraq@...

          Please note that I am not maintaining this address regularly, but once or twice a month and have been deleting most of the emails received at it
          for space limitation.  It is out of space and don't have time to delete and save thousands of old messages.

          I kept it being the subscribed address for this history group because with it I started the yahoogroup, but please when you email me personally (and not the group) send your emails to aboutfromiraq@...  Thank you.

          I have not heard from you in a while and have sent you two emails in the last two months from my gmail address.  This in addition to the general information I normally send to my list.  Hoping all is well.

          Dear IRAQ History Members:

          Please send your personal emails to me at aboutfromiraq@... and delete the yahoo address from your list.  Please don't postpone this and forget.  I appreciate it.

          Best Regards,
          Wafaa' Al-Natheema

        • Rita C-S
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 12, 2009

            Dear Wafaa:

            Thank you so much for acknowledging receipt of my
            note and for the information you provided.

            I look forward to your interview regarding the
            marshes.

            Cordially,
            Rita

            To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com

            From: aboutfromiraq@ yahoo.com
            Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 20:38:37 -0700

            Windows Live: Make it easier for your friends to see what you’re up to on Facebook. Find out more.

          • Umm Zannobiya
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 4, 2009

              Dear Wafaa:

              It seems that the glitches you've mentioned below are still unresolved, otherwise you would have send it to us.

              I wish you all the best with your projects and look forward to seeing
              the interview about the Marshes.

              Best Regards,
              Umm Zannobiya

              From: aboutfromiraq@ yahoo.com
              Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 20:38:37 -0700

              Windows Live: Make it easier for your friends to see what you’re up to on Facebook. Find out more.