Re: [IRAQHistory] IRAQ History on Youtube

  • Richard Sullivan
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 11, 2009
      Dear May:

      Thank you for providing the link below about the so-called history of Iraq.

      I must say that it is neither entertaining nor informative or accurate to
      watch the link's presentation.  It has been posted by an Iraqi medical
      doctor who claim to be knowledgeable about the history of Iraq.

      In less than ten minutes, he is trying to cover more than three thousand
      years worth of history, primitively presented for viewers' pleasure and
      cheap comments rather than learning.

      Regards,
      Richard Sullivan

      From: Wafaa' Al-Natheema <aboutfromiraq@ yahoo.com>
      Subject: RE: [IRAQHistory] Confirming and Providing an update
      To: IRAQHistory@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 3:44 PM

      I am still alive.

      My main area is insurance.  I deliberately write in Arabic for the benefit of my insurance colleagues in Iraq as there is no printed insurance journal in Iraq – one of the reasons that I have launched the Iraq Insurance Review blog.  For those who are interested in Iraq ’s insurance sector I attach two of my papers.

      Best regards.

      Misbah Kamal

      From: Misbah Kamal <mgak@.... uk>
      Subject: RE: [IRAQHistory] Confirming and Providing an update [2 Attachments]
      To: IRAQHistory@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Friday, May 22, 2009, 11:02 AM

      Dear All

      I too hope that subscribers of this group try to at least once every two weeks to email the group with an English article, information or an inquiry to benefit and learn.  Articles/research paper in Arabic with English translation are ideal.

      Indeed since March I've been very busy with institutional and personal matters as well as projects and the Iraq 's agriculture campaign, and more.

      To answer your question Walaa'; yes the last email received

      through the group was on March 27 by George Michael.

      I have done three interviews in relation to Iraq history (besides

      my work on the film about former president Abdul Rahman Aref); one about Princess Badeea, second about Iraq 's Marshes and the third about Al-Athamiyya clock. I will be working on editing them during the summer (July and August).

      Best Regards,

      Wafaa' Al-Natheema

      From: WMS_Al@yahoo. com
      Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 14:03:19 -0700

      Thank you Walaa', George and Amr for the reminders and confirmation.

      Dear Wafaa and ALL Subscribers:

      The note below by George Michael on March 27 was the last I've received.

      Is this normal or I am not receiving any emails from this group.

      I am well aware that you were very busy in the end of March and all April

      with Iraq 's Order 81 and the International Seeds Day, but I wonder

      if anything new has happened since the email below.

      I hope this note will act as a reminder to subscribers in this group to

      drop a line saying they are there or that they received this note just

      in case you, Wafaa', are too busy to keep up with maintaining this

      group!!

      Looking forward to hearing from some of you.

      Best Regards,

      Walaa' Ali

      From: aboutfromiraq@ yahoo.com
      Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 20:08:57 -0700

      The details in the link below is attached as well

      http://historyofira q.blogspot. com/2009/ 03/moslem- polymaths- of-iraq-in- wikipedia. html

      Additionally a list of nine Moslem scholars, prepared by Husayn Al-Kurdi, is attached for your reference.

      Best Regards,
      Wafaa' Al-Natheema
      http://historyofira q.blogspot. com

      "Out beyond ideas of wrong doing and right doing, there is a field.
      I'll meet you there.
      "

      Jalalu~ddine Rumi (b. 1207 CE in Balkh , Afghanistan )

      Hotmail® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Find out more.

      DISCLAIMER
      The information contained in this email is confidential and United Insurance Brokers reserves any and all possible rights to privilege in respect thereof. It is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) designated above.
      United Insurance Brokers Limited is a Lloyd's Broker. Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Services Authority
      website : www.uibgroup. com