Arabs or Persians

  • Amr Abyad
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 12 1:11 PM
      Dear Wafaa,

      I have just checked on the wikipedia websites about Arab polymaths, and I was shocked to find out that nothing has changed in them . Even worse Persian origin of Geber was highlighted and Al- Razy was presented as Persian not even a Muslim Pesian like Geber!!!!

      Best Regards,
      Amr
    • Wafaa' Al-Natheema
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 16 8:00 AM

        Dear Amr:

        Thank you so much for following up on this matter and for
        sending it to us as a reminder.

        You should not be shocked about your findings regarding the medieval Islamic polymaths and how they have been mostly labeled as persians even when they were not or when their lineage is unknown.  Because till now, we did not send letters to Wikipedia, google, the media, NGOs, libraries and individuals worldwide.  We need to do so by the end of February.

        Last Wednesday, I returned from a month-long trip to four
        countries, and so I am beyond overwhelmed with mail, emails
        and projects and need all the help I can get from people worldwide.

        I will be grateful for any help with regard to Wikipedia and the Internet and their negative and oceanic false information about Iraq, Arab history, the Arab world and Islam.

        PLEASE visit this link and see the nonsense about Islam and the disturbing mention about Aisha:

        What is so troubling and damaging in the link is that the visitor to this page sees nothing ready to read before clicking on any title, but Aisha's age when she supposedly married the Prophet and the picture of a beautiful and innocent six-year old girl to make the reader despise Islam and Moslems for that matter.

        The false information and stereotypes about Arabs and Moslems are not being committed only in the industrial west, but in several Asian countries.  I witnessed it in South Korea and India upon my visits.  This is very alarming.

        It has been a serious war going on against Iraqis, Arabs and Moslems, and we MUST stop it from escalating if we are
        unable to put an end to it.

        With regard to IRAQ's history and the trips I've made to Jordan and Syria, there have been several accomplishments done and will follow up on it shortly.

        Once again, I urge you, the Iraq history group and all those who are concerned with the truth is to pitch in and help with regard to correcting and boycotting Wikipedia.   Thank you in advance.

        Best Regards,
        Wafaa' Al-Natheema

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 18 10:48 AM

          I received my note below through the yahoo group address
          with several words in blue eventhough I did not do that
          originally.  The same thing happened with WALAA's reply.

          I am not sure whether this has happened with you or not,
          and why it has happened?!!

          Regards,
          Wafaa'

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 24 3:47 PM

            Dear Wafaa:

            Welcome back.

            The wikiislam link you provided below is indeed disturbing.  Many of the
            links take us to negative information about suicide missions, people getting
            killed, "Muhammad admits to lying and encourages Muslims to do likewise,"
            "Contradictions in the Quran," " Aisha's Age of Consummation" and other negative
            links found on the main page as if the bible and torah don't have contradictions,
            but dare anyone to establish such a negative page on Christianity and Judaism,
            they would be accused of fanaticism, hatred, and anti-semiticism. Such webpage
            would immediately be removed.

            But clearly the choice of subjects in the wikiislam is meant to provide a negative
            image about Islam and Moslems.

            As for challenging Wikipedia, I think you need lots of help.  You should not be
            the only initiator of action.  Considering how over full is your plate, I think it
            is unfair to do so much in a short time alone.

            Regards,
            George

            To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com
            CC: aboutfromiraq@...

            I have just checked on the wikipedia websites about Arab polymaths, and I was shocked to find out that nothing has changed in them . Even worse Persian origin of Geber was highlighted and Al- Razy was presented as Persian not even a Muslim Persian like Geber!!!!

            Best Regards,
            Amr

            Access your email online and on the go with Windows Live Hotmail. Sign up today.