Removing Subscribers' Email Addresses

  • May Roberts
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 19, 2012

      Dear Amr, Barbara and Jawad:

      I hope this note finds you well.

      Please let us know if you are reading this group's emails and
      wish to continue being part of it.

      We have not heard from you, Barbara, for over 1.5 years.

      For nearly a year, we received no emails from you, Jawad,
      hoping that you and your family are all fine in Iraq. Your yahoo
      address is on this list, has it changed?

      As for you, Amr, and since the Egyptian crises, we never received
      any emails from you.  We understand that this may have
      lessen your interest in this group's subject matter, but we appreciate receiving one or two confirmations per year
      from subscribers

      If you don't wish to respond to this note for whatever
      reason, feel free to remove your address from
      this list by sending an email to
      IRAQHistory-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Otherwise, I will remove your addresses on July 25.

      Kind Regards,
      May Roberts
      http://iraqshistory.blogspot.com

    • May Roberts
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 22, 2012
        Re-sending the note below in case you did not read/receive it.

        Regards,
        May

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 22, 2012
          Re: [IRAQHistory] to Amr, Barbara & Jawad Dear May Roberts,

          Interesting. No I did not receive your earlier sending of this e-mail.

          I have not been able to contribute to the informational goals of the group, since I am never quite sure whether I am receiving all of the e-mails or just what is going on. I have observed that individuals seem to get annoyed and tell each other off. The particular political or religious points of view of  individual contributors do not matter to me.  When members actually make substantive contributions, I find them interesting, no matter what the perspective.  Since I probably cannot contribute much to the group, you can remove my name from your list according to the deadline you have set.

          In the meantime, I will continue to support my husband, Saadoun Al-Bayati, in presenting authentic Iraqi music and art songs as the opportunities arise.

          Barbara Al-Bayati

            My contributions to Iraqi

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 23, 2012

            Dear Barbara:

            Thank you so much for your acknowledgment and perspective.

            There is a strange addition to my email below in which I
            wrote "Re-sending the note below. . ."!!  There is a line
            above it that reads, "My contributions to Iraqi".  I did not
            type this line!!

            Please note that participation in documenting Iraq's history
            or in evaluating certain era/material is not required or
            expected from subscribers especially those who are not Iraqis
            or are exploring and learning about it. But of course
            their inquiries and discussion are welcome if they choose to
            share them.

            What we hope to receive from you and everybody else in
            this group is at least one or two emails per year confirming
            receipt of an email or dropping us a line, which helps
            confirm the validity of his/her email address when we
            request them.

            Knowing your interest and your husband's artistic activities,
            it would be wonderful to tackle some of the history of glorious Iraqi/Arabic music, a very good reason putting in mind that
            Arabs have been contributing to the world of music and singing
            since the early Assyrian era and most probably earlier.  Misbah
            Kamal's appreciated efforts in translating the article about the
            glorious Iraqi artist, Uthman Al-Moussully, who was shockingly
            unknown in the Arab world including Iraqis, come to mind.
            However, tackling a subject does not mean only researching, writing, translating and discussing but also by making inquiries
            about it and/or encouraging others to make them interested
            or involved in it.

            I shall not remove your address and leave it up to you to do
            so when you see fit.

            In case you feel the urge to make a comment or check whether
            some of our messages did not come your way, you can easily

            Warm Regards,

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 24, 2012

              On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 4:37 PM, A. Abyad <amr.abyad@...> wrote:
              I acknowledge receipt of the email and I apologize for my lack of activity for the past year. I'm still so much interested in Iraq's hiostory.

              Best Regards,

              Amr

            • Barbara Al-Bayati
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 27, 2012
                Re: to Barbara Re: [IRAQHistory] to Amr, Barbara & Jawad Dear May,

                Thank you for maintaining my membership in the IRAQHistory group.  Apologies for not responding sooner to your e-mail. Saadoun and I have been in New Mexico tending to the family business and have just driven to California this afternoon.

                Saadoun is a practicing musician rather than a musician, but between the two of us and our Moroccan son-in-law, Yassine Krikeche Tetouani, we can provide perspective on the richness of Iraqi music through the centuries.  Yassine’s father is the Moroccan singer/musician/composer/lyricist Abdelouahed Tetouani. Abdelouahed taught his children of the importance of the transmission of Iraqi music to Spain via Ziryab and then throughout North Africa and the rest of the Arab world.

                In the meantime, on behalf of Saadoun and me, you have our very best wishes,

                Barbara Al-Bayati

                On 7/23/12 10:29 AM, "May Roberts" <filmwriting2004@...> wrote:

[...]

                find out by visiting this
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/IRAQHistory <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/IRAQHistory/logs?cat=subs&start=421>