Re: [IRAQHistory] to Husayn

  • Dr Jalili
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 21, 2012
      Good to hear from you Wafaa and good luck in your project
      regards to all
      Ismail Jalili

      Sent: Friday, June 15, 2012 1:05 PM
      Subject: Re: [IRAQHistory] to Husayn

      Dear Husayn:

      Thank you for the note below.

      As you may know I have not been using the email for over a year,
      but have been lucky to have Walaa' and May on this list who alerted me about your note to this group.  I hope you begin producing the newsletter format as soon as you can or by September.  It will be greatly appreciated.

      I produced these newsletters completely alone (with two exceptions; short articles written by others) for two years despite being overwhelmed by the task alone and the many projects I had to deal with plus my father's death in July 2006.

      Last week I phoned and left you a voice message.  I hope to hear from you regarding the matter of the publishing companies and other related matters.  Honestly, I have been meaning to talk to you for a long time or at least since you've been appointed the moderator of this group and since the Libyan crises.  So I hope we talk soon.

      I am sending this email because I did not hear from you and have no other options of contacting you.  I appreciate from you and everyone on this  list is to contact me via SKYPE, mobile number or at 1 (617) 864-6327.  My SKYPE ID is w.al-natheema or w. alnatheema or at the
      Institute's ID: INEAS_Cambridge

      I also look forward to talking to all Iraq history group including Sylvia who sent a note in which she mentioned wanting to call me.

      I missed you all.

      Best Regards,
      Wafaa Al-Natheema

      On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 9:55 AM, Al-Kurdi Husayn <husayn_2000@...> wrote:

      To whomever may get this:

      I am continuing my work on recent and contemporary Iraqi history and on Saddam, as indicated in my letter in the "thread" below.

      I may release material in dribs and drabs so you all may "discuss" it if that is what people want in this group. I would have liked to come up with the "newsletter" format which was used in the past and which could obtain items of interest to all. People can then continue to have their discussions and arguments as they see fit. My work begins and ends with what I research, collect, edit and write. I have neither time nor patience for interminable "discussions".

      Please state your wishes and I will act accordingly.

      I would like to turn the IHG site into a valuable historical repository and reference tool. We made a good start with some of the newsletters in the past and may continue on this track. I will be working on these things anyway and the IHG may avail itself of the products of my labors.

      Warm greetings and regards,

      Husayn

      From: Richard Sullivan <richardsullivan1942@...>
      To: "IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com" <IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Monday, March 26, 2012, 6:24 PM

      This is indeed wonderful.

      I wonder if Husayn or Naji can provide the list of victims' names in Arabic!  It will
      be appreciated.

      Richard Sullivan

      From: Al-Kurdi Husayn <husayn_2000@...>

      Subject: [IRAQHistory] From Husayn Al-Kurdi
      To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, 13 March, 2012, 15:50

      Dear Iraq History Group members:

      Apparently, several e-mails I sent out re: the Group never reached their destinations.

      I have been gathering much material for IHG, focusing on what happened to and in Iraq in the period 1979-2003. I have much material on Saddam and on historical events in this period. I will be assembling the mass of material on Saddam to begin with.

      Please send me any material which may be of interest so I may review it. If any of you want to help in reviewing material, please do so. Please give your suggestions and we may discuss them on-line as a group.

      I would like to start issuing newsletters and send them to our group and re-circulate them
      as widely as is feasible. Past newsletters have been very effective in style and content.

      Finally, I would like to call your attention to two web-sites: Iraq-Palestine Committee (which features some recent articles by myself) and "LEARN" (Liberation Education Action Research Network, a web-site run by my wife), as well as "Malcom Lagauche", who is my colleague Jeff Archer, the man who wrote the only good English-language book on the war against Iraq, "The Mother of all Battles".

      I will give more extensive information about myself as we go along. My mother was Bahia Farag (Farajullah), who ran a cultural-literary salon in Baghdad in the 1940s after a brilliant career as a student prodigy and women's leader in Cairo as a protege of Huda al-Shaarawi. My father was an American professor and scholar from California who was a faithful servant of America and with whom I had an adversarial political relationship, being on the other side from an early age More later, if there is an interest in the subject. I am working on my parents' biography.

      Hoping to hear from you all soon.
      I thought that the group had disbanded after my appointment as director!
      Now we can get the ball rolling again.

      Warm Greetings,

      Husayn Al-Kurdi
      From: filmwriting2004@...
      Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 08:53:10 -0800

      Greetings to all in 2012:

      I hope the new year has been well thusfar.

      After a lengthy trip overseas of nearly two months, I have been working
      so hard trying to catch up with mail and email, but unable to achieve that.

      As I went through old and SPAM emails, I noticed that the email below
      sent by Sylvia in September was the last we received from subscribers of this
      history group.  The other email we received on December 28, which was an
      apology by Amr Al-Abyadh!!    That is it.

      Where is everybody?  What happened to Husayn al-Kurdi?

      Looking forward to hearing from all of you.

      All the best for 2012,
      May Roberts

      From: May Roberts <filmwriting2004@...>
      Subject: [IRAQHistory] Announcing a New Moderator
      To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, 15 September, 2011, 3:03

      Dear Subscribers:

      This is to announce that Husayn Al-Kurdi has agreed to be the
      moderator of this group.

      Wafaa phoned him tonight and informed me of his decision.

      Today is September 14 and so the good news is that we've beaten
      the September-25 deadline and we thank Husayn for accepting
      the responsibility of moderating this group.

      Richard will continue being the back-up moderator until September
      25 to help ease the transition.

      Husayn needs our collective support as a team.

      All research papers and articles must be in English or in Arabic
      with its exact English translation.

      Please do not forward emails to this group, especially those
      that provides no source, that includes other people's comments and/or expose other people's email addresses.  Thank you.

      These simple instructions will be repeated by Husayn Al-Kurdy
      every once in a while as a reminder.

      We welcome Husayn as the moderator and wish him resiliance
      and success.

      Best Regards,
      May Roberts

      From: Richard Sullivan <richardsullivan1942@...>
      Subject: [IRAQHistory] Wafaa's Email + Husayn's Decision
      To: iraqhistory@yahoogroups.com, IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: georgemichael1956@...
      Date: Monday, September 5, 2011, 12:56 PM

      Dear All:

      Before I comment on your recent emils and because I am
      relatively busy this week, I ask that you please thoroughly
      read Wafaa's email below sent to the group on August 14.

      This is also in an effort to remind you, Walaa, to remove the
      addresses of those who never made a comment or confirmed
      receipt of any email for years.  It is now September 5 and
      Wafaa's deadline was August 22.  Though not a military
      deadline, it is good to act upon the matter now and remove their addresses.  I assume Wafaa gave you their names and addresses.

      George:

      I will be calling you in a couple of days.

      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)
    • W. Ali
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 29, 2012
        Dear Wafaa:

        So good to hear from you.

        I thought you were coming back to moderate this group!

        The silence of many Iraqis in this group is unfortunate.  If they
        can not provide information, produce articles or participate in even the
        discussion of the subject matter, then at least suggest few Iraqis who are
        willing, able and ready to produce (research, write and publish) and who
        can together with Husayn work as a team in order to accomplish the task.

        I will phone you shortly.

        If nothing materialized by the end of the summer, I will remove my address
        from this list.

        Best Regards,
        Walaa Ali

        I wonder if Husayn or Naji can provide the list of victims' names in Arabic!  It will
        be appreciated.

        Richard Sullivan

        Before I comment on your recent emils and because I am
        relatively busy this week, I ask that you please thoroughly
        read Wafaa's email below sent to the group on August 14.

        This is also in an effort to remind you, Walaa, to remove the
        addresses of those who never made a comment or confirmed
        receipt of any email for years.  It is now September 5 and
        Wafaa's deadline was August 22.  Though not a military
        deadline, it is good to act upon the matter now and remove their addresses.  I assume Wafaa gave you their names and addresses.

        George:

        I will be calling you in a couple of days.

        Husayn:

        Wafaa phoned you regarding your request to include Iraq's
        contemporary history after the occupation and invited you
        to participate by sending articles, information or becoming the
        moderator of the group.  So I hope that you will make a decision
        by the end of September.  Thank you

        Regards,
        Richard Sullivan