Re: [IRAQHistory] Important to Membrs 1

  • Tareq Alsaody
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 1, 2011
      Thanks alot Wafaa!

      --- On Thu, 6/30/11, Misbah Kamal <misbahkamal@...> wrote:

      From: Misbah Kamal <misbahkamal@...>
      Subject: Re: [IRAQHistory] Important to Membrs 1
      To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 10:09 AM

      Dear Wafaa'

      It  is good to hear from you.  I will link my new articles and translations, with a historical perspective, to the History of Iraq blog:
      http://iraqshistory.blogspot.com/ In February 2011 I completed the writing of a paper in Arabic  on the Nationlisation of Iraq's Insurance Sector in 1964.  So far the paper remains unpublished.  If I have time I may translate it to English.

      Best regards.

      From: Wafaa Al-Natheema <aboutfromiraq@...>
      Subject: RE: [IRAQHistory] New IRAQ History Blog
      To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, May 3, 2011, 12:52 AM

      Greetings:

      First, I acknowledge Ellen's recent email about the new blog.
      Thank you for confirming its receipt and the encouraging remark.

      Second, I want to make sure that Tareq is now receiving emails
      to your hotmail address.  Recently an email sent from the Institute's
      AOL address bounced back from your hotmail address.  So I hope
      that you, Tareq, confirm receipt of this historygroup email.
      Thank you.

      Third, I also added Ismael's dr address upon his request hoping
      that you receive this email and confirm it.  Thank you.

      Fourth, I am following up on Walaa' Ali's remark below.

      Dear Walaa:

      Your comment about deleting the old history blog on June 1st
      was well-taken, but it seems that I did not comment on it.

      The old history blog's screen ID is a gmail address I am so
      eager to delete, which is the same ID for my own personal
      blog.  I have been inquiring about the subject from bloggers
      to see if there is a way to change the screen ID without
      needing to redesign my personal blog the way I did with the
      history blog. I hope that subscribers in this group have some
      expertise to answer this question or better offer a solution.

      Those who posted articles/links from the old history blog on
      their websites/blogs, should replace them with the new links
      from the new blog. Please do so by May 31 since the old blog
      will be deleted on June 1st.  Thank you.

      Best Regards,
      Wafaa' Al-Natheema

      From: Rita C-S <cohen_sharaf@...>
      To: iraqhistory@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, March 15, 2011, 1:49 PM

      Dear Wafaa:

      My hotmail system delivered Naji's comment before your original email announcement by few minutes!

      I fully agree with Walaa's evaluation of the new blog and liked the adjective used by Sylvia, 'very
      attractive' indeed.  Anyway, I disliked the pink background of the old blog.

      I liked the Internet updates you included in the new blog; the buttons for Twitter, Facebook
      and others to make it easier for people to forward or link to it, the visitor counter and especially
      the images from IRAQ's history.  I also liked the list of informative links and the
      'most popular' posts, the latter helped me view Abdul Karim Hani's interesting video
      clip a second time on the history of the College of Medicine.

      I wish Iraq's youth are introduced and encouraged to read this history blog regularly and to
      discuss its content to enable them appreciate their rich history and culture since the
      curriculum of Iraqi school after the occupation is no longer representative of Iraq's
      history.  It has been designed to tell several lies about the past similar to those created
      since 2001 to initiate war against Iraq. There is enough material right now on this history blog
      for a couple of years worth of history reading assignments for school kids, not to mention that
      reading and discussing these articles improve not only their history knowledge, but their Arabic
      and English languages as well, which can also be enhanced by asking them to translate some
      of these articles to Arabic.

      I encourage subscribers, especially Iraqis and Arabs, to distribute this blog among teachers and
      students in middle and high schools in Iraq (and other Arab countries) and create a campaign
      similar to the current facebook-revolution campaign to help them learn the fun way
      In fact this campaign is more useful and long lasting than the currently turbulent and
      tampered-with-revolution campaign.  Let there be a teaching campaign on facebook and
      twitter rather than that of revolts.  At least Iraqi (and Arab) youth will be more aware of issues
      to enable them not to fall in the seduction and propaganda trap by our capitalists and colonialists.

      Please initiate such a campaign before Obama shuts down the Internet, and then we end up
      saying, "I wish I did this", "I wish we initiated that", etc..  Perhaps one of the reasons for creating
      and funding Wikileaks is to provide justification for Internet shutdown!

      Are there any of the facebook-revolution youth subscribed to this history group to start the initiative
      on Internet for history learning campaign?  Use Internet technology, songs, video clips, cartoon,
      and everything that makes the learning experience interesting.  I know that you have been looking
      for cartoonists, Wafaa', and I hope that you find few in Arab countries soon.

      Thanks are not enough to express our gratitude for all that you do, Wafaa.

      Keep up the intelligent work,

      Rita Cohen-Sharaf

      To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com
      From: aboutfromiraq@...
      Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 16:05:57 -0700
      Subject: [IRAQHistory] New IRAQ History Blog

      Dear All:

      Please note our new and temporary IRAQ History Blog: http://iraqshistory.blogspot.com

      To keep the old address historyofiraq.blogspot.com, I first have
      to delete it and then start a new blog with the same name, but
      the new format of this http://iraqshistory.blogspot.com.

      Your feedback regarding the new blog will be appreciated.

      Please remove my gmail personal address aboutfromiraq@...
      from your list.  I will not be maintaining my personal emails all through June. Thank you.

      Best Regards,
      Wafaa' Al-Natheema