RE: [IRAQHistory] New IRAQ History Blog

  • Wafaa Al-Natheema
    Message 1 of 21 , May 2, 2011

      From: W. Ali <WMS_Al@...>
      Subject: RE: [IRAQHistory] New IRAQ History Blog
      To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, March 22, 2011, 12:00 PM

      Greetings:

      First, I acknowledge Ellen's recent email about the new blog.
      Thank you for confirming its receipt and the encouraging remark.

      Second, I want to make sure that Tareq is now receiving emails
      to your hotmail address.  Recently an email sent from the Institute's
      AOL address bounced back from your hotmail address.  So I hope
      that you, Tareq, confirm receipt of this historygroup email.
      Thank you.

      Third, I also added Ismael's dr address upon his request hoping
      that you receive this email and confirm it.  Thank you.

      Fourth, I am following up on Walaa' Ali's remark below.

      Dear Walaa:

      Your comment about deleting the old history blog on June 1st
      was well-taken, but it seems that I did not comment on it.

      The old history blog's screen ID is a gmail address I am so
      eager to delete, which is the same ID for my own personal
      blog.  I have been inquiring about the subject from bloggers
      to see if there is a way to change the screen ID without
      needing to redesign my personal blog the way I did with the
      history blog. I hope that subscribers in this group have some
      expertise to answer this question or better offer a solution.

      Those who posted articles/links from the old history blog on
      their websites/blogs, should replace them with the new links
      from the new blog. Please do so by May 31 since the old blog
      will be deleted on June 1st.  Thank you.

      Best Regards,
      Wafaa' Al-Natheema

      --- On Tue, 3/22/11, W. Ali <WMS_Al@...> wrote:
      Dear Rita:

      Excellent suggestion indeed; creating a history teaching campaign on facebook.  I hope someone or a group takes the initiative and
      start rolling the ball.

      The youth are more knowledgeable with the Internet than us, so
      let's keep it in mind.

      Dear Wafaa:

      I liked that you now sign your name with both blogs (old and new) and direct the viewers from the old to the new blog.

      Your announcement about the June deadline to delete the old blog is good, but maybe insufficient time for people to recognize the change and update their website/data with the new link!  Perhaps extending the deadline to September or December is better!

      Best Regards,
      Walaa' Ali

      From: aboutfromiraq@...
      Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 16:05:57 -0700
      Subject: [IRAQHistory] New IRAQ History Blog

      Dear All:

      Please note our new and temporary IRAQ History Blog: http://iraqshistory.blogspot.com

      To keep the old address historyofiraq.blogspot.com, I first have
      to delete it and then start a new blog with the same name, but
      the new format of this http://iraqshistory.blogspot.com.

      Your feedback regarding the new blog will be appreciated.

      Please remove my gmail personal address aboutfromiraq@...
      from your list.  I will not be maintaining my personal emails all through June. Thank you.

      Best Regards,
      Wafaa' Al-Natheema

    • Jawad Al-Diwan
      Message 2 of 21 , May 3, 2011
        Thank you Wafaa, I am grateful for the update
        Jawad

        To: IRAQHistory@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 30, 2011

          Dear All:

          This is a follow up on the last email I sent your way on May 3
          (see below).

          Below are personal notes to AmrBarbara, Hayfaa, Husayn, Ismail, Jawad, Misbah, Syliva and Tareq

          To Tareq: In April I indeed added your hotmail address to this group, but did not receive your confirmation of the email below.  Today, I added your yahoo address, so I hope you receive this note and confirm its receipt.  Thank you. Our recent phone conversation reminded me of the above matters.

          To Hayfaa and Sylvia:  It was nice to have recently phone chatted.  I look forward to the emails you, Sylvia, promised
          to send.

          To Barbara: I just found out that I do not have your telephone
          number, which is strange because I always ask subscribers to
          provide their tel number.  You may have provided it when you joined few years ago, but I failed to record it.  Please provide
          it with the best times to reach you at my personal emails below.

          To Amr: I have not heard from you in a long time. How have
          you and your family been since the government change?  I hope
          that this group's emails are reaching you.  Shortly I will forward
          to you an interesting article about the industrial west visa-vi
          Egypt and Iraq, an interesting article.

          To Husayn:  Thank you so much for your articles, but I no
          longer maintain my gmail address aboutfromiraq@...
          I stopped using it since December 2010 and despite having an automative announcement requesting to remove it, people continue sending me emails at it. Please remove it from your address book and temporarily use (until September 30)alwafanews@... and this yahoo address aboutfromiraq@... .  I will read the articles and phone
          you within two weeks.  I remember in March you mentioned that
          you would call me, but did not hear from you.  I hope all is well
          with you, your wife and the rest of the family.

          To Ismail:  Following our phone conversation in April, I added
          your (dr) email address to this group, but did not receive your
          confirmation of the note below!  I hope this note will reach you.
          Kindly confirm its receipt.  Thank you.

          To Jawad:  Thank you for confirming receipt of my note below.

          To Misbah: Now that the old blog is deleted, I hope
          you have a chance to update the links on your blog that
          connect to your articles and translation on the Iraq history blog.  When you update the links - I believe they are three or four -
          please forward them to this group, so that we keep
          and/or distribute them to others.  Thank you.

          Wishing You All a Pleasant Summer
          Wafaa' Al-Natheema

          Message 4 of 21 , Jun 30, 2011
            Dear Wafaa'

            It  is good to hear from you.  I will link my new articles and translations, with a historical perspective, to the History of Iraq blog:
            http://iraqshistory.blogspot.com/ In February 2011 I completed the writing of a paper in Arabic  on the Nationlisation of Iraq's Insurance Sector in 1964.  So far the paper remains unpublished.  If I have time I may translate it to English.

            Best regards.

            Message 5 of 21 , Jul 1, 2011
              Thanks alot Wafaa!