lake sedge - Carex lacustris

  • Mark Verhagen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2004
      I have a problem with Carex lacustris that was introduced about 25 yrs ago into a small sedge meadow (mainly Carex stricta).  It has taken over about 3/4 of the sedge meadow and I would like to get rid of most of it.  It responds very poorly to glyphosate and that is the only chemical tried so far.  If anyone has some information on this, I would love to hear it.

      Mark J. Verhagen
      UW-Extension/Wehr Nature Center
      9701 W. College Ave.
      Franklin, WI   53132