Good Oak's Sustainable Garden Center Initiative needs your VOTE!

  • Frank Hassler
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2012
      Hello Wisconsin Weed Hating (and by proxy, I assume Native Loving), folks,

      Next year, we at Good Oak Ecological Services want to start up a Sustainable Garden Center. We want to make native plants and organic garden supplies easily available to everyone in the greater Madison community, and we'd like to do it in a garden center that meets LEED and SITES standards too.

      We're applying for the Mission: Small Business grant in hopes of boosting our efforts. If we win, this grant would go a LONG way towards making it happen. We're already in the running with 250+ votes, but trying to drum up more votes to show a strong message of support for this endeavor.

      Voting takes just seconds, but does require a Facebook account. First go to: https://www.missionsmallbusiness.com/

      On that page, click on the blue "Log in and Support" button on the lower right. When the next page loads, you can search for "Good Oak" in the field on the bottom. Once Good Oak Ecological Services shows up in the results, click on the blue "VOTE" button on the lower right. Thats it. The voting period ends Saturday at midnight, so don't delay!

      Thanks for your support, and pass it on!

      Frank Hassler
      Good Oak Ecological Services
      (608) 209-0607

      Time has run out.  Knowing what we know, we must act, and we must act now.  To do otherwise would be an abdication of our responsibility to future generations.

      -W. Wallace Covington, Director: Ecological Restoration Institute