RE: [IPAW] frog deformities and pesticides

  • Overholt, Gail
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2009

      Hi All,

      It would be good to know how these research projects are funded.

      Gail

      Gail Epping Overholt

      Phone: (414) 256-4632 Cellular: (608) 206-3972

      711 for Wisconsin Relay

      gail.overholt@...

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2009
        Virginia,

        More well known authorities weigh in on the frog study.  Gail Epping Overholt formerly of ALNC, asked, "Who is funding the study?"  I don't mean to bother you, but if folks are interested they should read all this.

        Thanks.

        Peggy

        nbraker@carleton. edu

      • jonbecker@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2009

          The Disappearing Male is a [44-minute] CBC documentary about one of the most important, and least publicized, issues facing the human species: the toxic threat to the male reproductive system. The last few decades have seen steady and dramatic increases in the incidence of boys and young men suffering from genital deformities, low sperm count, sperm abnormalities and testicular cancer. At the same time, boys are now far more at risk of suffering from ADHD, autism, Tourette's syndrome, cerebral palsy, and dyslexia. The Disappearing Male takes a close and disturbing look at what many doctors and researchers now suspect are responsible for many of these problems: a class of common chemicals that are ubiquitous in our world. Found in everything from shampoo, sunglasses, meat and dairy products, carpet, cosmetics and baby bottles, they are called "hormone mimicking" or "endocrine disrupting" chemicals and they may be starting to damage the most basic building blocks of human development.

          It's raining cats and dogs -- Come to PawNation, a place where pets rule! (http://www.pawnation.com/?ncid=emlcntnew00000008)