Fw: Save the Date: Forum on Parks, Open Space, and Nature - August 30 - asking for youth participation

  • Brian Herriott
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13 7:07 AM

      Hi all,

      Below is information that was forwarded to me by Jill Niland, president of Chicago Ornithological Society.  I would love it if we could organize a group of us to attend this event.  This will be a great opportunity to see how government officials interact with the public and will be a great opportunity to ask some questions and learn more about policy making.  Please let me know if you would like to attend and perhaps we can arrange a carpool or something.

      Hope to see most of you on Aug. 28th for the Hummingbird Festival!

      Cheers
      Brian Herriott
      ILYB Adult Coordinator

      Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 12:17:02 -0400
      From: michelle.mohney@...
      To: nistreet51@...
      Subject: Save the Date: Forum on Parks, Open Space, and Nature - August 30

      Chicago Wilderness

      SAVE THE DATE!  MONDAY AUGUST 30,  5:30 - 8:00 p.m.
      The Field Museum in Chicago - Simpson Theater (entry through West door)

      The Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Chicago Wilderness, City of Chicago Dept. of Environment, Openlands, and The Field Museum invite you to:

      MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD AT A FORUM on Parks, Open Space and Nature. Young people are particularly encouraged to come and share their views.

      TALK TO Federal environmental officials from:
      • White House Council on Environmental Quality
      • U.S. Department of the Interior
      • U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
      • U.S. Department of Agriculture
      Hear success stories from this region, and give Federal officials your ideas on open space recreation, conservation, biodiversity, and ways to link people (especially youth and children) from urban, suburban and rural settings with nature and the outdoors.  What's working, what tools and resources would increase success, what are the barriers and obstacles, and what role can the federal government play?

      Please plan to attend.  More information will follow.  There is no cost for this event.

      PLEASE FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO OTHERS, INCLUDING YOUTH, WHO WOULD BE INTERESTED!

      Please pardon any cross-posting.

      Safe Unsubscribe
      This email was sent to nistreet51@... by michelle.mohney@....
      Chicago Wilderness | 8 S. Michigan Avenue | Suite 900 | Chicago | IL | 60603