7IBET: ILLINOIS YOUNG BIRDERS May 1st Field Trip

  • Brian Herriott
    Apr 8, 2010
      Hi all,

      The Illinois Young Birders Club is planning it's first field trip to the Little Red Schoolhouse Nature Center in Willow Springs, IL on Saturday, May 1st from 8am to 12pm.  This is one of northern Illinois best birding destinations in the spring and we expect to see good numbers of migrating songbirds on this trip.  After birding the wooded trails and ponds around the schoolhouse, we will have a picnic lunch.   Please visit www.illinoisyoungbirders.org and click the tab 'Field Trips' to learn more about this trip.  If you are between the ages of 9-18 and would like to join us, you need to fill out an application and a parent/guardian must complete the permission form.  Both of these forms can be found on the website.

      For those 12 and under, a parent must accompany them.  Parents are encouraged to attend all ILYB field trips and activities.  Parents are also responsible for transportation to and from the Little Red Schoolhouse.   There is a map link within the field trip description. Adults wishing to take part in ILYB field trips must be ILYB Supporting Members and will have to submit a Illinois state fingerprint background check.  You can find the Supporting Member application on our website under 'How to Join'.  Adult volunteers will be needed throughout the year to be chaperones and field trip leaders, so please apply.

      Please RSVP by Saturday, April 24.  It's sure to be a fun day filled with beautiful birds and making new friends!  Oh, and there will be free cookies.

      Cheers,
      Brian Herriott
      IOS Board Member
      ILYB Adult Coordinator