5Illinois Young Birders Logo Contest!!

  • Brian Herriott
    Apr 6, 2010
      Hi all,

      First of all, I'd like to unofficially welcome all of you to Illinois Young Birders.  You'll be getting an official welcome packet in the mail in the not too distant future, but I wanted to say 'Hello'.  As new members of ILYB, you are all going to have the opportunity to help get the club running.  There are several jobs that need to be done right out of the gate.

      One of the things that I'd first like to get done is the creation of our official Illinois Young Birders logo.  This will be used on all official documents and advertisements relating to our club.  Basically, it's the face of the club.  If there are any of you that are good with Photoshop, art, etc. and would like to take this on, please contact me at this email address or at wrybill69@....  I'd actually like to have 4 or 5 different logos to choose from.  Once we have some logos drawn up, I will post them on our website at www.illinoisyoungbirders.org under the tab Photos & Art.  I will then attach a poll so that people can vote on which logo they like best.  This will be a nice way to showcase your artistic skills and draw more attention to our website from the general public.  This shouldn't really be viewed as a competition.  No awards will be given, but the logo that is chosen will remain the official logo of the Illinois Young Birders Club.  A nice perk for being a Charter Member. Only members can submit drawings, so if you haven't mailed in the application yet, please do so asap.

      If you'd like some ideas to get you started, look at the other Young Birders Clubs and the logos they have designed.  Most of them feature drawings of a bird, or birds, that are somehow relevant to the Club's location, perhaps with a silhouette of the state with young birders mixed in.  I'll leave it up to you, but that should give you a good idea what we're looking for.  It might be nice to feature the words "Illinois Young Birders" in it as well, or the initials "ILYB".  This is not mandatory though.  I mostly want to see different ideas put on paper, scanned, and then sent to me.  Be creative, and most importantly, have fun!

      I will be sending more emails in the near future regarding other things that need to be done, but for now sharpen your pencils, open Photoshop, and start drawing logos!  Parents, try not to help too much but feel free to offer creative ideas and plenty of snacks for your hardworking artists.

      Deadline for logo submissions will be Friday, April 23rd by 5:00pm.  I will post them up on our website that evening for all to see.

      Cheers,
      Brian Herriott
      ILYB Adult Coordinator
      IOS Board Member