I consulted Robert Ridgway's *The Ornithology of Illinois*, published in 1889. Here is what he said about the distribution and nesting habitat of Loggerheadlarus_thayeri
Apparently the odds of seeing a Yellow Rail at Wrigley Field are less than the Cubs winning the World Series. A friend of Marion Miller took a photo of amcvetas
Yesterday, Sunday, a Ruby-crowned Kinglet chattered in our Yew tree. This morning, an Eastern Screech Owl awakened me. M Sprandelmariesprandel
1. Keep the conversation on birding in ILLINOIS.
2. Sign ALL posts with your name, town/city, and county.
3. Please include the county in which your sighting occurred if it is not your home county.
4. Don't send attachments; link members to a website to share photos.
5. If the post doesn't include a sighting, please indicate NO SIGHTINGS (capitalized) in the subject.
6. Please refrain from sarcasm, because it can't be distinguished from antagonism on a printed page.
7. There is ZERO tolerance for flaming (the posting of messages deliberately hostile and insulting to others). This will get you barred from IBET on the first offense.
8. If you find a rare bird, please put RBA in the subject.
*FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS*
"How do I change my email address?"
Log in. At the top of this page, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ILbirds/, click "Edit Membership" above the words "ILbirds · IBET". Scroll down to "Email Address" and click "Add new email address." After you add your new address, you'll need to check your email at that address for a message from "Yahoo! Member Services". Follow the directions within. Then return to the "Email Address" section of the "Edit Membership" page. Choose the email address to which you would like IBET messages sent.
"I'm going on vacation. How do I temporarily stop getting messages?"
Log in. click on "Edit Membership" just above the words "ILbirds · IBET". Scroll down to the "Message Delivery section and choose "No email". When you return, change your email setting back to what you prefer. Even when on "No email" you can still post and read others' post
- Apr 16, 2003
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are not permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.