Looking for northern owls? Short questionnaire...

  • djohnsoda
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1 3:35 AM

      Dear fellow Ibeters --

      I am doing research on this year's "delayed- assuming it happens at all- northern owl invasion into Illinois" for a possible article.
      If you engaged in any birding outings this winter with the principal purpose of looking for northern owls (great-grays, hawks, and/or boreals), I would be very appreciative if you would answer as many of the following questions as you are inclined.

      1. Date and duration of outing.

      2. Where did you go?

      3. What was your strategy? (why did you pick the route you did, your approach (did you walk conifer stands, did you just cruise roads, did you drive slowly with mouse facsimiles trailing behind the car, etc),

      4. Comments on your efforts.

      I will be grateful for all responses. Please answer directly to me at ckerchmar@....

      Joel Greenberg