American Golden Plover - Kankakee County

  • jbirdmo
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12, 2013
      Hi all,
      After striking out at the sod farms in Kaneville, IL and some other places nearby, I headed south later in the day hoping that there were still a few American Golden Plovers hanging out at the sod farms in Momence. Sure enough, there are still 600+ American Golden Plovers present today at 5PM when I left.
      One of the nice advantages to a group this large is to see and study the plumage ranging from 95% Spring to 95% winter.

      Jude Vickery
      Oswego, IL
      Kendal County