no illinois sighting - Bowman's in the Badlands/Black Hills

  • Jaculin Bowman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31 3:35 PM
      Hello IBETer's!

      We have recently returned from our July trip to southwestern South Dakota.
      Using the Birding Lists Digest, we were able to contact many birders in
      South Dakota, who like our IBET friends here in Illinois were very happy to
      lend us tips and recommendations for some of our target birds.

      Among some memorable moments and lifers were: three separate locations of 4
      American Dippers, including two nesting sights, one lone Chestnut Collared
      Longspur, a Broadtailed Hummingbird who thought Mark's hat was a feeder, a
      surprise Lazuli Bunting, Golden Eagle (juv), and my #500 LIFER a Lewis'
      Woodpecker!

      While you were suffering the hot 100+ degree days, we enjoyed cool mornings
      and moderate temperatures in the afternoon. This was our second trip to
      the Badlands and Black Hills, and one trip we would recommend to all our
      friends.

      I have a small gallery set up on my website, take a peek at some of the fun
      we had!
      http://www.naturesjoyphotography.com/Birds/South-Dakota/30850000_nPF6N2

      Glad to be home,
      Jackie & Chris Bowman
      Geneva, IL

      --
      *He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou
      trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.* Psalm 91:4