Laughing Gull @ Waukegan Beach

  • Adam Sell
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2013
      On North pier right now. Found by Bob Erickson.

      Adam

    • Adam Sell
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2013
        Now on Swimming beach at 7:25 AM

        Adam

        On Saturday, June 1, 2013, Adam Sell wrote:

        > **
        >

        > On North pier right now. Found by Bob Erickson.
        >
        > Adam

      • Nick Minor
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2013
          Hey all,

          Sue Tinkle and I headed out to Waukegan late this afternoon with the hopes
          of refinding the Laughing Gull, and we were successful! We first found it
          on the pier just south of the swimming beach. It soon took off, flew around
          the Purple Sandpiper pier giving really great views. We then lost track of
          it. There were many people around the beaches, so birding wasn't the best
          along the beaches.

          NOTE: unless you are a resident of Waukegan, there is a $20 fee to get in
          and park by the beach proper. We had to get clever to get in and see the
          bird.

          Good luck everyone!

          Nick Minor
          Libertyville, Lake Co./Rogers Park, Chicago
          nmbirder14@...

        • Adam Sell
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 5, 2013
            Ibetors,

            Laughing Gull continues on the swimming beach. Nothing else of note.

            Good Birding!

            Adam Sell
            Grayslake
            Lake Co.

          • Adam Sell
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 6, 2013
              Just had TWO young Laughers on the swimming beach. Including Al's Adult,
              that brings us to THREE Laughing Gulls at Waukegan Beach this summer. Wow!

              Adam Sell