Lincoln Park Red-headed Woodpeckers

  • Leslie Borns
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2013
      While walking through Lincoln park at 1:15 p.m. today I observed two adult
      Red-headed Woodpeckers foraging in large trees. The first was near the Rhino
      enclosure in the zoo, and the second was in a tall, majestic oak in the grove
      southeast east of the Black-crowned Night-Heron nesting colony south of South
      Pond.

      The Night-Heron colony is bustling with activity and getting more crowded by the
      day.

      Good spring birding!

      Leslie Borns
      cakile@...