Tazewell County Willet

  • vontos08
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2013
      There was a Willet along Woodley Road just north of Spring Lake this morning. It was at a puddle on the portion of the road that runs north/south. I'm drawing a complete blank about where exactly it was though. It's possible it was along Sky Ranch Road.

      Spring Lake Bottoms had two Black-necked Stilts, two Wilson's Phalaropes, a Pectoral Sandpiper, and an American Bittern. There was also an ammodramus sparrow that I think was a Grasshopper, but it wouldn't come out of the grass. Bauer Road still had the Long-billed Dowitchers (I counted 17 when they were out in the open) and also had three Spotted Sandpipers and a Least Sandpiper. The Schumm Road fluddle had about ten Franklin's Gulls and a pair of Wilson's Phalaropes.

      I didn't see the Hudsonian Godwits at Schumm Road or the American Avocets at Sky Ranch Road.

      I'll post a few pictures on this thread soon: http://www.ilbirds.com/index.php?topic=53021.0

      Evan Carlson
      Peoria