Re: IBET Calumet, WW Scoters, Snow Geese, et al, 3/9/13 AM

  • Joan
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 9 5:31 PM
      I guess I was about 30 min behind Sam in Birding the Calumet area today based on sleet-start time-line.

      My only "somewhat" addition to Sam's list relates to the Shrike. I only saw one and it was perched up on a snag along the state line road, Same Shrike, given the distance between sightings? My sighting was at about 10:45 a.m.

      As Sam indicated, there were a lot of duck species (although I missed the Pintails, and my "counts" generally were lower).

      Joan Norek
      Chicago
      norekj@...
      Hope is the thing with feathers - that perches in the soul - and sings the tune without the words - and never stops at all. Emily Dickinson