McLean Co. Red-shouldered Hawk in Bloomington

  • Matthew Winks
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2013
      Hi all,

      On my way to work this morning I spotted a juvenile Red-shouldered Hawk
      on the west side of Martin Luther King Drive between AFNI and Sunbelt
      Rentals. I noticed presumably this same bird about 10 days ago, but it
      was the first time I've seen it since. There's also an active Red-tailed
      Hawk nest in a big oak tree due west of here. I've included a photo of the
      Red-shouldered Hawk from this morning at the following IBF link:

      http://www.ilbirds.com/index.php?topic=52424.0

      Matthew Winks
      Normal, IL