Likely Trumpeter Swans at Third Lake

  • Nick Minor
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2013
      Hey all,

      With a moments pause during the Waukegan CBC, I'll report that there were 5
      or so black-billed Swans at Third Lake. There were two adults and 3
      juveniles; the juveniles were mostly white. We heard them calling later,
      and the calls seemed to support our ID, but the birds were sleeping much of
      the time and were far off. Other birds of interest around the lake include
      Northern Shoveler, Belted Kingfisher, American Coot, and a Bald Eagle.

      That's all for now,

      Nick Minor
      Libertyville, Lake Co.,
      nmbirder14@...