Livingston County

  • mmadsen48
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2012
      Yesterday I spent the morning and early afternoon in Livingston County, with most of the time spent wandering around Humiston Woods in the rain. Humiston Woods is a very nice woodland oasis among the cornfields near Dwight. I managed to find 84 species, including 14 warbler species on this very wet adventure. A WORM-EATING WARBLER feeding with sparrows at ground level was the most exciting find among the many new spring arrivals today. After phone calls from Bob Fisher and Jeff Smith, I included visits to Peacock Marsh, Whalon Lake, and the 83rd street fluddle to finish off the day. There were already additions and subtractions to the numbers reported earlier in those locations. There were two WILSON'S PHALAROPES at Peacock by the time I arrived and the number of dowitchers had increased to half a dozen at Peacock and 22 at the 83rd street fluddle.

      Mike Madsen
      mmadsen48 AT comcast.net
      Woodridge, IL (DuPage County)