Harlequin Duck-Drake Photos from 31st St. Beach

  • rattlinantler
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2012
      Yesterday afternoon, I was on my way to Chicago. A Post about the Harlequin Duck being at 31st street beach was just updated. I swung into the parking lot at the beach and walked over to the Lake Michigan's edge. Surprisingly, there was a lone duck in the area. It was the Harlequin. A Lifer for me...as are alot of birds...was feeding right where he was suppose to be. Luck is usually not on my side like this. I snapped several hundred photos in the dreary overcast afternoon to capture the moment. A Beautiful drake in spring breeding plumage, hopefully everyone can enjoy him thru my photos..

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/rattlinantler/6955571129/

      Thanks Again IBET,
      Don Blecha
      Coal City/Grundy Co.