Swifts and Nighthawk

  • Michael Graff
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2011
      While cooking on our roof deck last night, flocks of Chimney Swifts and a single Nighthawk made their way south through Lincoln Park.  However, the most beautiful sight, was the reflection of the occasionally brilliant sunset on the swift's wings which occasionally shimmered in a golden red flash as the birds banked and fluttered.  I'd never seen that before.   Birding never ceases to reward me, dishing out another nuance of a bird which I've never before observed.

      Good Birding

      Michael Graff

      Chicago