A poem for Don D - no sightings

  • jandersonuic
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2004
      In honor of Don D, who recognizes the value of whimsy.
      Here's one fo my favorite childhood poems back at you.

      Joe - By David McCord

      We feed the birds in winter,
      and outside in the snow
      we have a tray of many seeds
      for birds of different kinds and breeds,
      and one gray squirrel named Joe*.
      But Joe eats early,
      Joe comes late,
      And all the birds must stand and wait.
      And waiting there for Joe to go,
      Is pretty cold work, in the snow.

      *My apologies to Mr Lill for using his name in this way. I tried to
      exercise poetic license and change the name, but unfortunately
      chose "Fred" and all the birds ended up dead, which isnt a good way
      to start the year. Sorry, Joe!

      Jill Anderson
      River Forest (cook)