Eagle at Saganashkee

  • s_neafsey
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2009
      Hi IBET:
      Yesterday (Saturday) at around 11 am we spotted an adult bald eagle
      from the Central Parking lot at Saganashkee Slough. We were standing
      about 20 yards to the east of the center of the lot looking straight
      across the slough. The white head was visible high in a tree even
      without binoculars.
      We are curious if this is the same individual bird we observed in the
      same area last autumn or not and whether or not it has a mate. Of
      course we may never have occasion to learn these things, but will
      enjoy any future posts from anyone seeing eagles in this area.
      Maple Lake had a pair of interesting diving ducks in a small ice free
      area near the center. Both had dark heads and the male had white wings.
      Bills and feet were yellow and eyes may have been light, although it
      was hard to tell without a scope.
      Shonagh Neafsey
      Cook County