WW Crossbills at Chicago Botanic Garden 8:15 am

  • Rena Cohen
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2009
      Jeff Sanders, Bonnie Duman and I had great looks at 15-20 WHITE WINGED CROSSBILLS feeding in the spruces by Parking Lot 1 in Chicago Botanic Garden this morning - once about 8:15, then again at 8:45.  The first time they were spotted by Jerry Rosenband; the second time, by Ann Harness.  They stayed for a long time and were just above eye level for great views of both males and females and their feeding behavior.

      Also seen: about 75 PINE SISKINS, 20 COMMON REDPOLLS, one WHITE THROATED SPARROW, one SONG SPARROW, one CROW, and multiple GOLDFINCHES and DARK EYED JUNCOS.