Merlin at Wolf Road Prairie

  • s neafsey
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2008
      Dear Birders:
      Thanks for the help. Based on the tail markings which were visible to the naked eye and the comments of one of you experts I feel confident that the bird was, indeed, a merlin. And based on reading it was probably just passing through, though it would be great to have a rare pair of breeding merlins in the area. And it is great to have IBET to greatly increase our chances of knowing what is out there at any time of the year.
      Good birding to us.
      Shonagh Neafsey
      Western Springs