Re: IBET Lake Forest Solitaire, Monday

  • bncthay@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 1943
      Jeff:Is it true that the parking meters in Lake Forest only accept the American Express Gold Card (no coins)??

      Craig Thayer Chicago (where if you park in a downtown lot it may require a bank loan)

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 1943
        Craig,

        Good intuition, except that in these classless times nearly anyone can get a Gold Card, and installing meters might suggest that all people with money are equal. Lake Forest parking spots are handed down through the generations, in order to make certain that they are used by those who truly deserve them rather than those who can merely pay for them. Those people belong in West Lake Forest.

        I think the best way to find parking for that Solitaire would be to borrow a landscaping truck and a couple of orange cones. You appear to be able to park anywhere you want, including in the middle of the road, using that technique. Just put a leafblower on your back and you're good for all day.

        Jeff Sundberg
        Lake County

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 1943
          Craig, you could also park in one of those "Lake Forest Residents
          Parking Only" lots where they cunningly put the signs so that no one can
          see them until well after parking the car. You will get a parking ticket
          before you can even return to your car. Then go park anywhere you want
          with the ticket still on your car and at least you won't get another one <G>
          Judy Fisher
          Northbrook, Cook County
          old-ping-hai@...

          --
          The sparrow is small, but it contains all the vital organs of the elephant.
          Chinese proverb