IBET: Knoch Knolls Park, Will Co., American Kestrel (PHOTOS)

  • Ed Teune
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2005
      I know I just posted about Kestrel photos, but this one was so close to
      home and more cooperative.

      I have seen an AMERICAN KESTREL several times before make his way along
      Knoch Knolls road from the McDonald Conservation Farm through Knoch
      Knolls park, but this time I finally had my camera with me and got some
      photos.
      He came in hovering and swooping over the frisbee golf course and the
      grassy area to the west of it at around 8:00AM this morning for about 20
      minutes or so until he headed south over the woods.

      Photos here:
      http://www.teune.com/photos/index.php?cat=31
      under Knoch Knolls
      or my new 'vanity' address:
      http://www.chicagobirds.com 8-)
      (hey, no one else was using it and I'm thinking about making it a
      separate site anyway, this birding thing is overrunning my Teune family
      site very quickly!).

      Ed Teune
      Naperville, IL, Will Co.
      ed @ teune.com