6849724 species of lakefront warblers!!!

  • Sue Friscia
    May 18, 2014
      Hi all,

      Beth and I ended up with 24 species of warbler today, it's funny because we had to go to Wooded island to clean up. Cindy bailed after 22 and Alice after 17, we keep going till 1:30.

      Even though some folks had the Black throated-blue at Montrose, we didn't, but found a male and female in the same tree on the island also only there for us:

      female Black-th green
      bay-breasted
      black and white
      Canada
      Tenn
      Nashville

      on the other hand we only had ovenbird and hooded at Montrose.

      My rule is if I get 25 species on the lakefront I keep going for nesting warblers, only one short. My cook county record is 29, it would be sweet to beat it.

      ;-)
      Sue Friscia
      Chicago