Happy Holidays!

  • ifce-adm@cox.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2012
      Dear Friends,

      Time passes quickly. We are near the end of Year 2012. With your support, IFCE has had a fruitful year.

      With our partners, we sponsored the US-China-Brazil Forum on Sustainable Urbanization before Rio + 20. More than 200 people from three countries shared their experience and exchanged ideas on how to move forward. We coordinated a technology mission to China and introduced the latest waste-to-energy tech to the cities of Shengyang and Changsha. We supported training workshops for environmental teachers in Hunan, low carbon community development activities in Guangzhou and Wuhan. We launched a campaign for actions to save extremely endangered finless porpoises in Dongtin Lake. We also introduced China’s progress on clean energy and public transportation to the world, through partnership with the Emerald Planet TV program……

      In China, we observed a wave of rising awareness of environmental rights - with businesses that pollute encountering fierce resistance by the public in a number of cities. In the US, we witnessed - and some of us suffered from - severe weather disasters.

      Where there are great challenges, we strive for solutions. We were disappointed with outcomes of Rio + 20 Summit for Sustainable Development and recently wrapped-up climate summit in Doha. It is clear that we can’t wait for actions from governments. We have to push them to act and we also need to act ourselves. In this battle, nothing is more important than US-China collaboration. Together, we can unite with great vision for a healthy and harmonious world and create a road map to save our planet from environmental and climate destruction.

      IFCE recently sets up a program called “Friends of IFCE’ to enable you to participate and contribute to our joint mission. I hope you all will join us in this new endeavor. As always, we need to work together to make real change happen. To join, just go to www.ifce.org

      Wishing you have a wonderful holiday season and prospective New Year!

      Truly,

      Ping He