Invitation

  • ifce-adm@cox.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2011
    Dear Friends,

    We’d like to invite you to attend 2011 US-China Green Development
    Symposium on June 10 at the World Bank.
    Attached is the latest program.

    IFCE, in partner with Chinese Association of Science and Technology-USA
    and other groups, is putting this significant
    event together to facilitate US-China cooperation in this emerging green
    development trend. The symposium will
    address policy, technologies and best practices in green financing,
    green IT, energy efficiency and new energies,
    environment/climate, low carbon development, etc. We have invited more
    than thirty outstanding speakers from
    governments, thinking tanks, research institutes, industries and NGOs
    from both US and China to share their
    experience and insights.

    Here is a partial list of confirmed speakers:

    • Dr. Terry F. Yosie, President & CEO, World Environment Center
    • Dr. David McNelis, Director, Center for Sustainable Energy,
    Environment and Economic Development, University North Carolina-Chapel
    Hill
    • Mr. George S. Hawkins, General Manager of District of Columbia Water
    and Sewer Authority
    • Ms. Melinda Kimble, Senior Vice President, United Nations Foundation
    • Mr. Zhihong Zhang, Program Coordinator, Climate investment fund, World
    Bank
    • Dr. Bruce Usher, Professor, Business School, Columbia University
    • Mr. Yang Zigang, Minister of Chinese Embassy in USA
    • Mr. Ralph Winnie, Jr.,Director of the Eurasian Business Coalition’s
    China Program,Eurasia Center
    • Dr. Tom Lewis, Senior Vice President, Louis Berger Group, Inc.
    • Dr. Julian Wong, Program Officer, International Policy Office, DOE
    • Dr. William Zhang, Head of the East Asia and the Pacific Region,
    National Science Foundation
    • Mr. Ming Zhang, director, the General Office of Jingsu, China,
    • Dr. Kai Zhang, Chief Technologist, Hewlett-Packard,
    • Mr. Scott Sklar, President, The Stella Group,
    • Mr. Fu, Yang, deputy director, Nanjing Urban and Rural Development
    Commission, China
    • Dr. Paul Werbos, Program Director, Office of Emerging Frontiers in
    Research & Innovation, National Science Foundation

    It is free for general session. To register, please check
    http://www.castdc.org/green2011/
    We look forward to seeing you all at the event.

    IFCE