One Week Faculty Development Programme on "Form Work and False Work Design,Under TEQIP-II" at VJTI
- All Members,
Structural Engineering Department Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute Matunga, Mumbai 400 019 in association with The Institution of Engineers (India), Maharashtra State Centre, is organising a one week "Faculty Development Programme on Form Work and False WorkDesign,Under TEQIP-II" from 28th March, 2013 to 01st April, 2013.
About the Programme
There are different types of temporary structures used as enablers for constructing permanent structures. Some examples of such structures are concrete formwork, scaffolding, falsework / shoring etc. The purpose of formwork is to support its own weight and that of freshly placed concrete as well as the construction live loads including materials, equipment and workmen. Falsework is the temporary structure erected to support the work in the process of construction. It is composed of shores, formwork and bracing. The main requirements of formwork are its quality, safety and economy. Therefore material selection, planning and design of formwork needs to be carefully worked out for any project. Due to complications of shapes and forms, the formwork design poses a challenge to engineers.The programme will cover all these finer aspects in the planning, design and execution of formwork in details. Many failures in formwork and centering have led to serious accidents on construction sites. With the advent of segmental construction of bridges, the design of launching girders etc have become very important. These design procedures will also be discussed in this programme. With the help of interesting case studies, the programme aims at training the participants towads a proper and safe design of formwork and falsework.
1) To review basic principles of formwork design
2) To understand design, planning and execution of formwork and falsework.
3) To discuss case studies of formwork design for complicated forms and structures.
4) To understand bridge erection techniques.
Topics for discussion :
1) Introduction to principles of structural engineering with their applications to formwork design.
2) Discussion on design, planning and execution of formwork along with tutorials.
3) Case studies of horizontal and vertical formwork design.
4) Bridge erection techniques.
5) Case study of formwork for special forms like shells etc.
6) Formwork for segmental construction
Who Should Attend
Faculty of Civil/Structural Engineering/ Applied Mechanics Department from Engineering and Polytechnics, working Professionals, M.Tech and Ph.D Students.
1) Mr. Vivek Abhyankar, AFCONS.
2) Dr. A.N. Bambole, Professor and Head Structural Engineering Department, VJTI.
3) Dr. M.A Chakrabarti, Professor, Structural Engineering Department and Dean Student Activities, VJTI.
4) Dr. K.K. Sangle, Professor, Structural Engineer ing Depar tment and Dean, Infrastructure and Planning, VJTI.
5) Mr. J. G. Solanki, Assistant Professor Structural Engineering Department VJTI.
6) Mr. Dipak Kulkarni, Consultant, Mumbai.
Application in the prescribed format should reach the coordinators at VJTI on or before 23rd March 2013 This Course is under TEQIP-II therefore registration fee for Faculty Members is nil. Participant has to bear the expenditure for travelling and boarding at Mumbai. VJTI will provide the paid accommodation to only 15 participants in three stater Non AC guest rooms.
For More Details :
Prof. J. G. Solanki, Asst. Professor, Structural Engg. Department, VJTI, Mumbai Email : jgsolanki@..., Mobile : 9226376172
Dr. M. A. Chakrabartii, Professor, Structural Engg. Department, VJTI, Mumbai. Email : mchakrabarti@..., Mobile :9969558708
-- The Institution of Engineers (India) Maharashtra State Centre, 15, Haji Ali Park, K.Khadye Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai - 400 034. Tel - (022) 2354 2943 / 2354 3650. Fax - (022) 2354 2942. eMail- ieimsc@... Web-site- www.ieimaharashtra.org ** For keeping in touch, Please join our free eGroup by sending an eMail to - IEI-MaharashtraStateCentrefirstname.lastname@example.org *** Please ALWAYS quote your MEMBERSHIP NUMBER.