One Day Workshop on “Rainfall, Analysis, Storm Water Design and Harvesting” on 19.01.2013

  • IEI-MaharashtraStateCentre
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 16, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 2.1 MB
    About the Workshop :

    Rainfall is an important element of Indian economy. Although the monsoons affect most part of India, the amount of rainfall varies from heavy to scanty on different parts. There is great regional and temporal variation in the distribution of rainfall. Over 80% of the annual rainfall is received in the four rainy months of June to September. The average annual rainfall is about 125 cm, but it has great spatial variations.

    This year the monsoon arrived in India very late and continued for a longer time. The khariff season will be less but we can expect good rabbi crop.  Due to scanty some parts of the country, many cities, towns and villages are facing acute shortage of drinking water. The drinking water is being supplied by tankers. Several irrigation projects are incomplete and storage is at lowest level. The live-stock, the main economy of rural India, is at survival stake.

    Therefore the IEI (I), MSC is organizing one day workshop on Rainfall – pattern, analysis, intensity, frequency, distribution, storm water design and rainwater harvesting etc on 19th January, 2013. The workshop will focus on how to combat bravely and wisely to errant rainfall situations and make human beings comfortable. The aim can be achieved both at macro level and micro level. The workshop will address important aspects of rainfall patterns, collect data, analysis of data, design of storm water drainage system, pumping from low lying areas (dewatering), and rainwater harvesting.

    The expert faculty will be drawn from academic, consulting firms, corporations with success stories.

    Sponsors:

    Generous sponsors’ are welcome in the form donations, advertisements, and lunch. All donations qualify for tax exemption under Income Tax Act, 1961.

    Registration Charges :

    Non-Members : Rs.2,000/-
    Faculty : Rs.1,500/-
    Members of IE(I), ISSE, IWWA, PEATA, BAI : Rs.1200/-
    Students : Rs.750/-

    The fees cover morning breakfast, working lunch, tea, and learning material.

    All Payments can be made in Cash, Cheque / DD drawn in favour of “The Institution of Engineers (India), Maharashtra State Centre”.

    Venue :

    The Institution of Engineers (India), Maharashtra
    State Centre, 15, Haji Ali Park, K.Khadye Marg,
    Mahalakshmi, Mumbai – 400 034.

    For more details please contact :

    Prof.S.M.Patil, Organising Secretary on his mobile no.9820393134 or our Centre's office on 23543650, 23542943

    For registration please contact the Centre's office on 23543650 / 23542943 or on email : ieimsc@...

    Brochure is sent as attachment file.

    Regards
    --
    The Institution of Engineers (India)
    Maharashtra State Centre,
    15, Haji Ali Park, K.Khadye Marg,
    Mahalaxmi, Mumbai - 400 034.
    Tel - (022) 2354 2943 / 2354 3650.
    Fax - (022) 2354 2942.
    eMail- ieimsc@...
    Web-site- www.ieimaharashtra.org

    ** For keeping in touch, Please join our free eGroup by sending an eMail to - IEI-MaharashtraStateCentre-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

    *** Please ALWAYS quote your MEMBERSHIP NUMBER.