ETABS/SAFE TRAINING COURSE.....! [07th - 09th January, 2011 ]

  • IEI-MaharashtraStateCentre
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2011
      All Our IEI-MaharashtraStateCentre Yahoo Group Members,

      Most of the practicing engineers have been using STAAD for their day to day work.

      For last few years we also have been working on ETABS and SAFE. With more & more complicated structure having flat slab, odd shape buildings, raft & shear wall knowledge of ETABS and SAFE can be very useful addition.

      Keeping this in mind as a coordinator of computer center at Institution of Engineers, Maharashtra State Centre we have started ETAB / SAFE training by very well experienced practicing engineers.

      Syllabus revolves around practical example consisting of two buildings one of five storeys and other is 15 storeys. This covers modeling , analysis & design for raft, shear wall, beam , column & flat slab.

      Number of participants is restricted to twelve, so that individual attention can be given to each participant.

      Details about fees, venue & syllabus is given below :

      COURSE CONTENT

      Introduction to the use of ETABS  Graphical Interface

      Basic modeling skills
      Material
      Sections
      Beams
      Columns
      Slab
      Walls

      Analysis of buildings
      Dead
      Live
      Wind
      Earthquake analysis (including response spectra analysis)

      Modeling of floors, walls with opening

      Use of similar stories & master floor

      Design of concrete members
      Beam
      Columns
      Shear Walls

      Raft Foundation
      Analysis
      Design

      Flat Slab with drop panels
      Analysis
      Design

      Transferring Result from ETABS to EXCEL

      Complete training will be based on two live examples one with 5 storey building and another with 20 storey building.

      Date: 07th -  09th January, 2011 (Friday, Saturday , Sunday.)

      Timings 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM

      Venue : The Institution of Engineers (India), Maharashtra State Centre Computer Center, 3 rd floor, 15, Haji Ali Park, K.Khadye Marg, Mahalakshmi, Mumbai - 400 034.

      Professional Charges are Rs.8000/- (Inclusive of Tea/Snacks, Lunch and Course Material)

      Number of Participants are limited to 10 (Ten only)

      Registration will be on first come first serve basis.

      Cheque  / Draft to be drawn in favour of  "The Institution of Engineers (India), Maharashtra State Centre"

      Training will be conducted by Mr. Prakash B Bajaj, (B.Tech, I.I.T, M.S. Univ of Michigan)

      For More Details Please Contact :
      Prakash B Bajaj
      Coordinator, Computer Center
      Mobile Number: 098210-71194

      For Registration Please Contact :
      Ms. P. Solomon at 098200-96996

      In charge, Computer Center.

      --
      The Institution of Engineers (India)
      Maharashtra State Centre,
      15, Haji Ali Park, K.Khadye Marg,
      Mahalaxmi, Mumbai - 400 034.
      Tel - (022) 2354 2943 / 2354 3650.
      Fax - (022) 2354 2942.
      eMail- ieimsc@...
      Web-site- www.ieimaharashtra.org

      ** For keeping in touch, Please join our free eGroup by sending an eMail to - IEI-MaharashtraStateCentre-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      *** Please ALWAYS quote your MEMBERSHIP NUMBER.