The media won't tell us about this one...

  • ORNash@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 24, 1999
      The following was forwarded to me by another shooting friend. I do remember
      the Shoney's Shootout (and have even used the scenario in a match), but can't
      vouch for all the other facts presented or even the source. Even so, it's
      worth reading.

      Randy Nash

    • Asteriskct@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 25, 1999
        In a message dated 8/24/99 11:16:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time, ORNash@...
        writes:

        > The following was forwarded to me by another shooting friend. I do
        remember
        > the Shoney's Shootout

        17 December, 1991, 20 innocent lives saved, and it wasn't even news to ABC,
        CBS, NBC, or CNN__no bloody innocent bodies for the "film at eleven." What's
        more, it never even made it in to the largest Georgia daily newspaper. I was
        doing a site inspection of our Warner-Robins (Robins AFB) classified/crypto
        account at the time.

        Check out the story in the current American Guardian on the study of media
        bias about the gun issue.

        V/R

        Mark Hamersly
      • Charlie133@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 26, 1999
          In a message dated 8/26/99 12:44:13 AM, Asteriskct@... writes:

          << Check out the story in the current American Guardian on the study of media
          bias about the gun issue. >>

          Mark - Can you give us a web site for the American Guardian?

          Thanks,
          Charlie P.
        • Travis W Burton
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 26, 1999
            Charlie,

            `American Guardian' is NRA's IDPA/Conceal Carry version of their `Amerivan
            Rifleman' magazine.

            On Thu, 26 Aug 1999 Charlie133@... wrote:

            >From: Charlie133@...
            >

            >In a message dated 8/26/99 12:44:13 AM, Asteriskct@... writes:
            >
            ><< Check out the story in the current American Guardian on the study of media
            >bias about the gun issue. >>
            >
            >Mark - Can you give us a web site for the American Guardian?
            >
            >Thanks,
            >Charlie P.

            >Transfer your big list to ONElist and earn $500!
            >For program details, go to

            Travis W. Burton, Esq., KB5ILY / Prescott, Arkansas
            V.P., Coon Hollar Reloads
            Administrator, twb.net
            Internet: mailto:tburton@...
            WWW: http://www.twb.net
            GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES of AMERICA
            Only he who Attempts the Ridiculous can Achieve the Impossible. (WILL HENRY)
            Red Hat Linux version 6.0 is my operating system of choice.

            Computers are like Air Conditioners,
            they stop working correctly when you open windows.
          • Charlie133@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 26, 1999
              Thanks

              Charlie P.
            • Asteriskct@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 26, 1999
                In a message dated 8/26/99 1:46:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
                Charlie133@... writes:

                > Mark - Can you give us a web site for the American Guardian?
                >
                > Thanks,
                > Charlie P.

                Charlie,

                Well, for those of you who are NOT NRA members (the AG is their more
                self-defense-related alternative to Am Hunter or Am. Rifleman), check
                www.nraila.org. The article is this month's ILA Report, on page 19.

                V/R

                Mark Hamersly
              • Charlie133@xxx.xxx
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 27, 1999
                  In a message dated 8/27/99 1:28:54 AM, Asteriskct@... writes:

                  << The article is this month's ILA Report, on page 19. >>

                  Thanks Mark

                  Charlie P.