2674lyrics to "this old house"

  • Joseph Mooney
    Jun 5, 2012
      when i listen to this song, i think about the houses i have lived in over the years. i think about what memories may linger within those walls when it is time to move on to another place. the places change but the memories are still there.

      "This Old House"
      by Schuyler Knobloch & Bickhardt

      There are fifty liquor boxes in my hall
      And a hundred empty nails on my wall
      Thers a sign out in my yard reads for sale
      And if this old house could cry the tears would fall
      There are bargain hungry vultures everywhere
      Buying broken toys and old clothes and tubberware
      The phones has been taken out they've stopped the mail
      And if this old house could talk I'd say a prayer

      I've been strong and I've been sturdy
      And I've weatherd every storm
      I've always kept your family safe and warm
      Now your packing up the laughter
      And your sweeping out  the tears
      If this old house were build on memories
      I would stand a 1000 years
      This old house  this old house
      If this old house was buildt on memories I would stand a 1000 years

      Take another look before you lock the door
      Where your shoes have worn the finish from my floor
      Listen to my banging pipers my creaking stairs
      Let your boys slide down my banister once more
      I'll remember where you hid the extra key
      Where the hammer and the bandaids use to be
      I will smell your morning coffee in the air
      And I'll see you hanging tinsel on the tree

      I've been strong and I've been sturdy
      And I've weatherd every storm
      I've always kept your family safe and warm
      Now your packing up the laughter
      And your sweeping out  the tears
      If this old house were build on memories
      I would stand a 1000 years
      This old house  this old house
      If this old house was buildt on memories I would stand a 1000 years

      Joseph Mooney