Re: [ICG-D] Happy Thanksgiving!

  • Lisa A Ashton
    Message 1 of 27 , Dec 3, 2002
      Dear Betsy--

      Actually, moving Philcon to December sort of worked for us, because it
      always conflicts with hunting season. We thought we couldn't go this
      year because Celia is having surgery the following week, but we decided,
      it would be good for her to go to a con, since she always has fun, and
      the Xmas holidays this year are not going to be fun, even though she'll
      be out of school.

      We'll miss you though, but wish Dan a very happy birthday. I"ll be at
      Costume Con also, also Torcon is in doubt. Depends on the school system
      again.

      Yours in costuming, Lisa A.

      Only $9.95 per month!
      Visit www.juno.com
    • Lay, Toni
      Message 2 of 27 , Nov 26, 2003
        I hope everyone has a pleasant day tomorrow.

        I suppose everybody's having turkey in one form or another. My brother and
        I are having "Shrimp Marinara over Linguine," our traditional dinner for the
        day. I clean the shrimp while watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
        on TV. I may or may not have garlic bread, too.

        Message 3 of 27 , Nov 26, 2003
          On Wednesday, November 26, 2003, at 09:12 AM, Lay, Toni wrote:

          > I hope everyone has a pleasant day tomorrow.

          As do I. May everyone's holiday be a joyous one.

          > I suppose everybody's having turkey in one form or another. My
          > brother and
          > I are having "Shrimp Marinara over Linguine," our traditional dinner
          > for the
          > day.

          Well, you put the lie to your second statement. ;-) Yes, we'll be
          having turkey, and I made the fresh cranberry sauce last night (It's
          better if it gets to gel for 2-3 days.). Instead of using a cup of
          sugar to a cup of water, I use a half cup of refined sugar to a cup of
          orange-juice water. I juice one orange for each 12 ounces of
          cranberries and dilute with water to the needed level.

          This reduces the refined sugar content and also makes it so that the
          cranberry sauce is not overly sweet.

          Bill may wind up making the pumpkin pie, and the turkey is brining
          already. Right now, it looks like we might have 12 people around our
          table. Not our largest gathering (26), but a nice sized group.

          May everyone have people they enjoy around their table.