age

  • Alix Jordan
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 13, 2002
      Dear Carl:

      >you are not old enough to know Eddie Foy and the seven little Foys

      No, but I am old enough to have seen Bob Hope in "The Seven Little
      Foys", on late night television, back when I was ten or twelve.

      Peace
      Alixandra
      eddana@...

    • C. D. Mami
      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 13, 2002
        First of all what were you doing up at the hour they ran those movies. And
        that wasn't SF young lady

        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 13, 2002
          In "Yankee Doodle Dandy," Eddie Foy, Jr., had a walk-on as his father in a brief conversation with George M. Cohan. That was 1942.

          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 13, 2002
            I thought I was the only one who knew that
            Carl
            > In "Yankee Doodle Dandy," Eddie Foy, Jr., had a walk-on as his father in a
            brief conversation with George M. Cohan. That was 1942.

            > Byron

          • Alix Jordan
            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 14, 2002
              Dear Carl:

              >First of all what were you doing up at the hour they ran those movies.

              How about twelve o'clock in the afternoon, on a Sunday; right after all
              the televised church services.

              And
              >that wasn't SF young lady

              The closest that we had to science fiction in Niagara Falls was The Man
              from U.N.C.L.E.; the all night Science Fiction/skiffy marathons don't start
              until I'm nineteen, and channel 29 starts in Buffalo. They had no money for
              any of the big stuff, so they ran non-stop old series and four to five
              movies every night until they got the budget for new series. Hey, it was
              1969 and we were still getting "Rat Patrol".

              Peace
              Alixandra
              eddana@...

            • Betsy Delaney
              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 14, 2002
                Know it? I own it!

                In glorious Black and White, thank you.

                Betsy (whose video library has 675+ titles, and growing weekly...)

                --
                Betsy R. Delaney
                Web Mistress at large

                mailto:WebInvent@... or visit http://www.WebInvent.com/
                mailto:Costume-Con@... or visit http://www.Costume-Con.org/
                mailto:betsy@... or visit http://www.hawkeswood.com/
              • John O'Halloran
                Message 7 of 22 , Sep 16, 2002
                  Alix Jordan wrote:
                  > Dear Carl:
                  >>you are not old enough to know Eddie Foy and the seven little Foys
                  > No, but I am old enough to have seen Bob Hope in "The Seven Little
                  > Foys", on late night television, back when I was ten or twelve.

                  In the era of TCM, AMC, Bravo, Nick at Night, and other the other
                  cable/sat channels, no one can say "You wouldn't know about **** movie
                  or movie star."
                • Alix Jordan
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jan 24, 2003
                    Dear Toni:

                    I turned 53 last Monday (January 20) and
                    >I KNOW I'm not older than dirt.

                    I turn 53 on Feb. 23, and I've actually never been younger. Age is
                    all in your mind. At four my father died, and my mother insisted that I
                    grow up NOW! I'm just beginning to have fun not being an adult. Now, I get
                    to play with costumes and dolls and stuffed animals and no one can tell me
                    that I can't and that I have to give my bear the name on the tag and no one
                    can complain about the weird names that I give to dolls. I like being a
                    kid. Wish I had tried it when I was four.
                    Check out a poem called: "When I am Old"; sometimes referred to as
                    "When I am old I will wear purple". It acutally starts off with: When I am
                    an Old woman, I will wear purple...." I plan to do it up as a doll one day,
                    if I manage to get through this year.

                    Peace
                    Alixandra
                    eddana@...

                  • Alix
                    Message 9 of 22 , Feb 19, 2004
                      Dear Michele:

                      > You're all younglings! I'll be 49 in April, born in 1955.

                      I'll be 54 on Sunday.

                      Peace
                      Alixandra
                      eddana@...
                    • Lay, Toni
                      Message 10 of 22 , Feb 19, 2004
                        Alex & Michele:

                        I turned 54 last month.

                        > You're all younglings! I'll be 49 in April, born in 1955.

                        I'll be 54 on Sunday.

                        Peace
                        Alixandra
                        eddana@...

                        Yahoo! Groups Links
                      • Trudy Leonard
                        Message 11 of 22 , Feb 19, 2004
                          OK, babies. I'll be 57 in October. So, there.

                          Trudy

                          >From: "Lay, Toni" <toni@...>
                          >To: "'ICG-D@yahoogroups.com'" <ICG-D@yahoogroups.com>
                          >Subject: RE: [ICG-D] age
                          >Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:18:44 -0500
                          >
                          >Alex & Michele:
                          >
                          >I turned 54 last month.
                          >
                          >Toni

                        • Elaine Mami
                          Message 12 of 22 , Feb 19, 2004
                            Don't start with me, children!

                            Elaine
                            Who will never be caught "acting her age!"

                            Blessed are we who can laugh at ourselves, for we shall always be amused.

                            > > You're all younglings! I'll be 49 in April, born in 1955.
                            >
                            > I'll be 54 on Sunday.

                          • C. D. Mami
                            Message 13 of 22 , Feb 19, 2004
                              you babies are all the same just cute YOUNG LITTLE girls.
                              Carl
                              "I never said it was your fault, I said I was blaming you for all the
                              mistakes" Unknown Con Chair
                              > OK, babies. I'll be 57 in October. So, there.
                              >
                              > Trudy
                              >

                              > >From: "Lay, Toni" <toni@...>
                              > >To: "'ICG-D@yahoogroups.com'" <ICG-D@yahoogroups.com>
                              > >Subject: RE: [ICG-D] age
                              > >Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:18:44 -0500
                              > >
                              > >Alex & Michele:
                              > >
                              > >I turned 54 last month.
                              > >
                              > >Toni

                            • Alix
                              Message 14 of 22 , Feb 19, 2004
                                Dear Carl:

                                > you babies are all the same just cute YOUNG LITTLE girls.

                                The last person to call me "a cute young little girl" ended up with my
                                fist down his throat while I removed his spleen.

                                Peace
                                Alixandra, who is currently working on "The Morigu" as a doll vignette.
                                Half way through Macha, with Neman the Confounder, and The Morrigan to go.
                                eddana@...
                              • C. D. Mami
                                Message 15 of 22 , Feb 19, 2004
                                  I am safe as an old person you will just forgive me it is in the old person
                                  book .
                                  In the chapter interacting with children.
                                  Never worry about what you say children will think it is just age and not
                                  bother you

                                  Message 16 of 22 , Feb 19, 2004
                                    On Thursday, February 19, 2004, at 04:52 AM, Alix wrote:

                                    > I'll be 54 on Sunday.

                                    Happy birthday a little early. I hope you have a good celebration.

                                  • Dana MacDermott
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Jun 23, 2004
                                      Foo. I can't match Marty, but so far, I beat everyone else. 58, hitting
                                      59 mid-August. But my kids tell me not to worry, I will never grow up.
                                      The first Con I really attended was a WesterCon in the early 80's. I had
                                      gone to one in about 75 or 76 (at the Leamington in Oakland), but had no
                                      idea about what was going on, stayed at home and only knew about the
                                      programming. Missed the masquerade.
                                      Oh, yes, there was a star trek convention a couple years earlier where
                                      (then little) Ari wore a dragon costume I made him for Halloween. He took
                                      best alien life form in the kid's masquerade.
                                      Dana
                                    • Scott & JoAnn Abbott
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Jun 23, 2004
                                        Foo. I can't match Marty, but so far, I beat everyone else. 58, hitting
                                        59 mid-August. But my kids tell me not to worry, I will never grow up.

                                        My husbands favorite saying is "Growing old is manditory. Growing up is optional"

                                        JoAnn

                                      • John O'Halloran
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Jun 23, 2004
                                          I may be growing older, but I refuse to grow up.

                                          I one of my mottos.

                                          On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 15:47:11 -0400, Scott & JoAnn Abbott
                                          <bubblemum@...> wrote:
                                          > Foo. I can't match Marty, but so far, I beat everyone else. 58, hitting
                                          > 59 mid-August. But my kids tell me not to worry, I will never grow up.
                                          >
                                          > My husbands favorite saying is "Growing old is manditory. Growing up is optional"
                                          >
                                          > JoAnn
                                        • Lay, Toni
                                          Message 20 of 22 , Jun 23, 2004
                                            "What's the point of being an adult if you can't act childish every now and
                                            again." -- Doctor Who #4

                                            <bubblemum@...> wrote:
                                            > Foo. I can't match Marty, but so far, I beat everyone else. 58,
                                            hitting
                                            > 59 mid-August. But my kids tell me not to worry, I will never grow up.
                                            >
                                            > My husbands favorite saying is "Growing old is manditory. Growing up is
                                            optional"

                                            > JoAnn

                                            Yahoo! Groups Links
                                          • Alix Jordan
                                            Message 21 of 22 , Sep 2, 2008
                                              Gentlebeings:

                                              We've had silver and gold, so I'd call us "Diamond".

                                              Peace
                                              Alixandra
                                              eddanatobias@...
                                              Message 22 of 22 , Sep 2, 2008
                                                How about the Large Hadron age?

                                                Randall

                                                In a message dated 9/2/2008 2:20:55 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
                                                eddanatobias@... writes:

                                                entlebeings:

                                                We've had silver and gold, so I'd call us "Diamond".

                                                Peace
                                                Alixandra
                                                _eddanatobias@eddanatobia_ (mailto:eddanatobias@...)

                                                deal here.